latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Password

Home Forums Community Forum Password

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 27th, 2012 at 9:37 pm #29945

Hi,
I would like to register users myself from wordpress dashboard, when a user would be registered is possible to send a link to their email address and accessing it they would be able to create their own password.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 3:39 am #29999

Hi Geoffrey.

Yes, that’s something you can already do with WordPress, s2Member doesn’t change it. [hilite path]WP Admin -> Users -> Add New[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 8:33 am #30013

Hi,
from what I know this option is available only on multisite install so your suggestion is no help. Any suggestions for a single site install?

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 12:10 pm #30025

Hi,

hm this is interesting.
I thought i got a single installation of wordpress.

have a look at this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/29102012170354.png/

this will help :)

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 1:31 pm #30036

Yes, this is correct, you have a single wordpress install and you have to add password for each created user. Using network install this is not required and each user registered by you would receive an email with a link from where they can setup their password.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:41 pm #30164

WordPress doesn’t seem to let you create an account without a password for the user to add later. The user can always change from his profile page the one he gets, though.

You may want to look for a plugin that adds password generation for new users you create. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=new+user+password

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.