latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pause subscription

Home Forums Community Forum Pause subscription

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:50 pm #15573
Simon Cooke
Username: Simon23

Hi chaps

I searched for ‘pause’ before I created a question. Weird no-one has asked this before tho…

Could someone explain to me how to either pause a users subscription or allow the user to pause their subscription – or both ?

Thanks a lot

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 3:33 am #15654
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Simon,

That functionality would be up to the payment gateway that you’re using and I don’t believe PayPal provides a “pause subscription” feature.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 3:45 am #15657
Simon Cooke

thanks for the advice.

darn

is there any way a site admin could achieve something manually ?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 5:13 am #15671
Simon Cooke

There appears to be a method to suspend subscriptions in PP account:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_subscribe_buttons#id09A7FJ00JHS

With this in mind, how would a WordPress/S2 administrator handle the subscription in WP, should they suspend a subscription in PP – or would S2 know this automatically ?

Thanks

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 12:13 am #15754

Hi Simon.

Good question. I don’t know how the current s2Member handles that. I’ll email Jason asking about it.

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 3:25 am #15764
Simon Cooke

Thanks – look fwd to reply

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:14 pm #15817
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

A Recurring Profile (i.e. for billing on the PayPal side), can be suspended manually, and this serves as your way to pause billing for a specific customer. On the s2Member side of things, nothing happens in this scenario, unless you make it happen manually. That is, if you suspend billing, the customer continues to have access, and all that stops is future billing for that access, until such time as the Recurring Profile on the PayPal side of things is placed back into a active status.

Other considerations…

A Recurring Profile that is in a “suspended” state, cannot therefore be cancelled by a customer. The PayPal Pro API does not allow this. So, if you have an s2Member Pro Cancellation Form being introduced to a customer whose Recurring Profile is in a suspended state, s2Member Pro will tell the customer that it’s not possible to cancel at this time, because their account is pending other changes, and they are asked to contact support should they need any clarification.

Max failed payments…

There is an additional scenario where the PayPal system itself will place a Recurring Profile into a suspended state automatically. This occurs whenever a customer’s payment fails over and over again. In this scenario, if the customer’s payment fails repeatedly, and PayPal suspends future billing automatically, s2Member will force an EOT (End Of Term), and access to the site will be denied. This is the only scenario (with respect to suspended profiles), where s2Member takes action automatically. You have some control over this, from your Dashboard. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

You can also control the number of failed payments that you will allow. Defaults to a value of 2.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)
You’re looking for the rra="2" Shortcode attribute, which can be customized, if you like.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.