latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pay-per-post

Home Forums Community Forum Pay-per-post

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Ramona Hapke 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 8:20 am #54594
Ramona Hapke
Username: ramona

I do not want to setup a membership site.
What I only need is a pay-per-post function.
See content teaser => like it => click on Paypal button and pay => view full content of the certain post

Is this possible with s2member?
If yes: Can I use the free version for this? Can users see the teaser of protected content?

Or is the plugin too much oversized for pay-per-post?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:21 pm #54603

s2Member® should work perfectly for this :-)
~ See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons

This should work fine in the free version. However, if you do upgrade later on it would dramatically improve your conversation rate because you could implement Specific Post/Page Access Forms instead of just Buttons. Buttons should get you started though.

See also this VIDEO: Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:22 pm #54604
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 8:16 am #55420
Ramona Hapke

Thank you, Mike, I’ll test it.

Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 1:25 pm #55582
Ramona Hapke

I use “Specific Post/Page” (IDs), but no membership at all. I did not set up membership options at all (only Membership Options Page – required) Then I generated a button for one of the posts. I placed it within the teaser content, the video says: I can place the button anywhere. But: The button is not visible. When I click on “read more” I will be redirected to the Membership Options Page. But the scenario I want is:
See teaser with buy-now button – click buy-now button – redirect to that specific post = read full post.

Is there any other documentation about specific posts? I do not want to have a Membership Options Page with a long list of protected posts.

Please help to setup.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 9:55 am #55768
Ramona Hapke

I will publish a post abount s2Member in order to describe the handling for pay per post. Please give me some feedback soon, thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 10:06 am #55775

But the scenario I want is:
See teaser with buy-now button – click buy-now button – redirect to that specific post = read full post.

A teaser is possible through WordPress® excerpts. Most WordPress® themes will provide an excerpt of the content in one form or another. If your theme does not, you can always customize a template and use the_excerpt() template tag to get this information. See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_excerpt

You may also want to look over this KB article that discusses Simple Shortcode Conditionals, which allows you to protect parts of your content. These cannot be used with Specific Post/Page Access, only with Membership Level Access. However, there is more than one way to sell access to a Post/Page. Specific Post/Page Access is one way (more limited, because there is no user account associated with the purchase); whereas a Member (e.g. a User) will make things a bit easier to deal with all the way around.

Please see: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Roles/Capabilities
See also: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Post Access Restrictions
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Page Access Restrictions
See also: s2Member® » Video Tutorials

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 10:26 am #55776
Ramona Hapke

Thank you. My theme already supports excerpts. I will not use any membership option.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.