latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Payflow Link Set up

Home Forums Community Forum Payflow Link Set up

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 8:07 pm #49523
87soccerb
Username: 87soccerb

So, so far I am content with S2Member Pro software. I am happy to see that I can use the pro forms on my checkout page to accept credit cards as well as paypal accounts. I have a big question now, and haven’t been able to find an answer after a vigorous google search and also an S2 Member Knowledgebase search.

I think I’m all set up to go (barring my question): I have Paypal Website Payments Pro, Payflow Edition (as verified today by a PayPal account representative), and have just purchased the recurring billing for the Payflow gateway.

NOTE: This is a Payflow Link question that I have no idea how to answer.

When I click to “Activate” my Payflow Link (the $0 / monthly one), it asks for my Payment Processor Information “to work with your existing internet merchant account, please fill in the information about your current payments processor.” And then it asks for the Tender Types, followed by the various payment processors for major credit cards such as FDMS Nashville, Elavon, FDMS North and FDMS South, Global Payments Central, Global Payments East … and so on. I’m not sure what to make of this, because after select all and click the “continue” button to the next page, it asks me for the Payment Processor and Merchant Bank Information.

Does anyone know what’s going on here?

Thanks,
Brandon

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm #49602

Where do you get that? After trying to pay with a pro-form or over at PayPal’s site? What did PayPal support say?

By the way, did you verify that your PayPal account and the PayFlow account are connected? I’ve seen some having trouble which came from that not being the case.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 2:55 pm #49606
87soccerb

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for the response. So, no, I don’t get the response after trying to pay with a pro-form. I get at PayPal’s site.

I get this when I first log into my paypal account, then I click the PayPal manager link (aka the PayFlow gateway, right?) to log in to that. I log in correctly just fine, and I’m at my PayPal manager/Payflow Gateway site. Mind you, I have purchased the recurring billing option/add on through the “Payflow Link” for that Payflow Gateway account.

Now, the “Your Account Status” of that Payflow gateway is saying that it is in test status, and I have to click on the big “Activate” button on the top right rand side to actually activate that Payflow link.

Now, once I do that it makes me go through this 1.) Merchant Agreement; 2.) Payment Information; 3.) Next Steps (which I will post below):

Merchant Agreement
Payment Information
Next Steps

Transaction Settings
Secure
To help increase security, set maximum limits and define rules for all transactions – including credit (refund) transactions. These changes will take effect in about one hour.
*Required fields

Maximum Transaction Amount: $
Maximum Credit (Refund) Transaction Amount: $
* Allow Non-referenced Credits: Yes No
* Credits may exceed original transaction amount: Yes No
* Allow reference transactions Yes No

Then, once I click the continue button, the next page says this:

Payment Processor Information
Secure
To work with your existing internet merchant account, please fill in the information about your current payments processor.

Tender Types
Diner’s Club
Visa
Discover
American Express
MasterCard
Internet Check

Then it gives me the option of choosing which payment processors (such as FDMS Nashville, Elavon, FDMS North/South, Global Payments Central/East, Heartland, Litle and Co., Merchant e-Solutions, Moneris … and a few more) that I supposedly am using with my EXISTING internet merchant account.

The problem is .. I don’t have an existing internet merchant account with any of those providers, and I don’t even know what they’re talking about.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brandon

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 10:28 pm #49656
87soccerb

Just with an update:

I got the recurring billing to work! I have no idea what I did, but I got the payflow form to process my credit card and create my membership as a unique user on the site. I have no idea what I did, but thankfully I didn’t have to go through that other process of setting up the payflow link because I had no idea what was going on there. I’ll recap for others who are having the same problem.

To recap my problems so others with the same problem can avoid my mistakes:
1.) I purchased the website payments pro through PayPal .. all is good and fine with that.
2.) Logged in to Paypal manager, which I eventually realized is the same thing as “PayFlow” (and I had a PayPal support rep confirm me that I did, in fact, have the Paypal Pro, Payflow edition)
3.) After initially logging into PayFlow, I realized I didn’t have the recurring billing needed for S2 Member’s subscription payment plan
4.) Purchased the “recurring billing” addon for $10/month (but at the same time purchased Payflow Link for $0 and was forced to create a new a Payflow account, but could never activate the same
5.) At this point, I had two Payflow accounts.
6.) Was getting frustrated because the setup for the Payflow link with the recurring billing required me to enter some kind of “existing internet merchant account” payment processor details, which I had absolutely no idea what to do with because I didn’t have an existing internet merchant account.
7.) Went back to my ORIGINAL Payflow account (that I ORIGINALLY did NOT have the recurring billing add on for, which is why I mistakenly created the 2nd Payflow account to accommodate the recurring billing addon that I needed for the subscription aspect of s2 member pro that I wanted for my website) and clicked on the “Buy” button for the Recurring Billing add on.
8.) It said that it was unable to process the transaction at the time because there were no forms available to fill out, and I would have to come back and try again.
9.) Anyways, I logged out and logged back in, and lo and behold! … I have recurring billing on my ORIGINAL account!
10.) SUCCESS! I was able to pay with my VISA credit card on my site this time and create a monthly paying subscriber test user (mind you I made sure to double check on my S2 Member settings page in my wordpress admin panel that my PayPal API login details were correct and that also I had the right PayFlow login details correct as well).
11.) NOW … HOPEFULLY everything from here on out will go swimmingly, including being able to pay with all the other options such as mastercard and PayPal accounts. Additionally, once the site had processed my credit card details it took me back to my Register page, so I think that’s just a matter of configuration in the wordpress administration page to take new users to the “Welcome” page for their first time logging in.

Inhale, exhale. It pays to be a winner.

Hopefully, you won’t be hearing from me again, for my sake and for yours.

Brandon

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 12:53 am #49720

Thanks for the update, Brandon. It’s sad how confusing and complicated PayPal makes things for everyone. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.