latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayFlow Pro Custom Field for Phone Number

Home Forums Community Forum PayFlow Pro Custom Field for Phone Number

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:41 pm #27729
Adam Balee
Username: atomjb

Hello,

I’ve setup PayPal Pro-forms with Payflow Pro Recurring Billing and it works great, but I really need to capture the customer’s phone number and pass it to PayPal in the Recurring billing profile. I set up a Registration/Profile field with a unique ID of ‘phone_number’. I then added the following to paypal-checkout-pf-in.inc.php around line 420:

$paypal["PHONENUM"] = $post_vars["phone_number"];

Unfortunately, it’s not working :(

I realize this may be a bit outside your support policy, but I think it’s probably just a few lines of code, so I’m hoping you can help. It would really make my week.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. yes, it’s one of the new Payflow accounts.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:49 am #27777
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Adam,

To the best of my knowledge, it’s not possible to pass the phone number to PayPal like that. PayPal’s API only allows for passing basic information about the transaction itself, including billing information which is only used for validation purposes (it doesn’t actually get stored anywhere on PayPal).

Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:09 am #27801
Adam Balee
Username: atomjb

Hi Raam,

Thanks for the reply. It actually is possible and I was able to figure it out. I had to add an extra field to the checkout form and hack a couple files, but it works.

Best,

~ Adam

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:33 am #27856
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

I stand corrected. :) Thanks for the update and glad to hear you got it working.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.