latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Payflow

Home Forums Community Forum Payflow

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 7:58 am #31556
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

I have six questions related to the above topic, as numbered below.

I currently have setup my website with PayPal Standard and PayPal Pro Forms, selling both recurring memberships and specific posts/pages (Buy Now).

I am investigating using a merchant account provider (a US Commercial Bank) as an alternative to PayPal Standard (I was denied PayPal Pro, indicating nature of business as reason, so no future approval either for PRO), and wanted to continue using s2Member.
(Qn 1) What are the options available? Is it just Authorize.net, or is Payflow Link (or Payflow Pro) also available,
(Qn 2) Are these available as default and supported by s2 (no custom integrations).
(Qn 3) Furthermore, will transitioning from PayPal Standard w/ Pro Forms to Authorize.net be seamless (i.e., simple, similar logic), or is there a learning curve involved as they work differently.
(Qn 4) Similarly, if Payflow is available, how is transition (seamless, simple, similar logic)? Please note that I have both Buy Now and recurring payment subscriptions on my website.

A follow-up question.
(Qn 5) If I decide to keep the current setup (PayPal Std. w/ Pro-Forms) for the site launch (this week), and decided to change to Authorize.net, say, at a later date, say 3 months later. In that case, how will recurring subscriptions in the old setup work. Will s2 automatically transfer them, OR, will I have to keep both setups for awhile, and allow only new Authorize.net subscriptions OR will all old setup subscriptions be automatically cancelled. Also, similarly,
(Qn 6) how will the transition affect specific page/post purchases that still have time left before the end of their expiration terms.

Thanks for your response to the above six questions.

Regards,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 4:47 pm #31610
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

(Qn 1) What are the options available? Is it just Authorize.net, or is Payflow Link (or Payflow Pro) also available,

Please see What payment gateways does s2Member® support?. Newer PayPal Pro accounts come with the Payflow API, which s2Member also supports. While s2Member does support Payflow Pro (the newer version of PayPal Pro), I don’t believe we currently support Payflow Link (which is similar to PayPal Express in that your customer gets transferred to PayPal’s website to make their payment, whereas with PayPal Pro/Payflow Pro, you accept payments directly on your own website).

(Qn 2) Are these available as default and supported by s2 (no custom integrations).

Yes, all of the gateways listed here are supported by s2Member without customizations.

(Qn 3) Furthermore, will transitioning from PayPal Standard w/ Pro Forms to Authorize.net be seamless (i.e., simple, similar logic), or is there a learning curve involved as they work differently.

Yes, the logic is very similar. If you want, you can enabled Authorize.net in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Gateways and then explore the additional menus added. You can do this without affecting your existing PayPal configuration.

(Qn 4) Similarly, if Payflow is available, how is transition (seamless, simple, similar logic)? Please note that I have both Buy Now and recurring payment subscriptions on my website.

PayPal Payflow API is supported, as I mentioned earlier. It’s basically the newer version of PayPal Pro, so if you can’t get PayPal Pro, I doubt you’ll be able to get PayPal Payflow.

If you go from using a PayPal Express account to a PayPal Pro account, the only difference is that you can then use the s2Member Pro-Forms to accept payments directly on your website. You can still use the s2Member PayPal buttons feature.

(Qn 5) If I decide to keep the current setup (PayPal Std. w/ Pro-Forms) for the site launch (this week), and decided to change to Authorize.net, say, at a later date, say 3 months later. In that case, how will recurring subscriptions in the old setup work. Will s2 automatically transfer them, OR, will I have to keep both setups for awhile, and allow only new Authorize.net subscriptions OR will all old setup subscriptions be automatically cancelled. Also, similarly,

No, the subscriptions will not be transferred from one payment gateway to another. There is no automated way to do that.

However, you can use both PayPal and Authorize.net at the same time. So, if you decide to switch to Authorize.net later on, you can simply remove the PayPal buttons from your website and replace them with Authorize.net buttons. All your older members who signed up with PayPal will continue to have access. Their payments will still go through and as long as you leave your PayPal configuration in place, s2Member will continue to handle things like payment failures and cancellations. All your new subscribers will see your Authorize.net buttons and those new subscriptions will be handled by the new payment gateway.

If you want to “move” all your existing subscriptions from PayPal to Authorize.net, you’ll need to have your existing members sign up again through Authorize.net and then cancel their old PayPal subscriptions.

(Qn 6) how will the transition affect specific page/post purchases that still have time left before the end of their expiration terms.

Specific Post/Page purchases will not be affected at all. When someone purchases a Specific Post/Page, they receive an email with a special link that gives them access to the post/page for the duration you specified. Once they have that link, the payment gateway configuration on your site is irrelevant (you could even remove all payment gateway information from s2Member and those people who bought a Specific Post/Page would continue to have access).

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 5:21 am #31667
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi Raam,

Thanks for your detailed responses to the above questions. One clarification though, FYI, it is my understanding that Payflow Link payments do not require a re-direct to PayPal website (like in PayPal Std), rather the PayPal form is embedded into your website, that you can customize (to a limited degree).
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/payflow-faq

A follow-up question: does s2 support Paypal for Digital Goods,
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/digital-goods

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 3:11 pm #31715
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ganaxi,

Thanks for the FYI on Payflow Link. I do now recall discussions with Jason (the lead developer) about looking into support for that PayPal payment method, so we may see support for that in the next major release of the plugin.

Regarding PayPal for Digital Goods: No, I do not believe we currently support that. Only PayPal Standard, PayPal Express, and PayPal Pro are currently supported.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.