latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Payment Notification quit firing

Home Forums Community Forum Payment Notification quit firing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:07 am #32674

Site is still in development but we are waiting on this to launch.
Am using Payment Notification url for integration with Interspire Emailmarketer. It has been working for weeks, but suddenly yesterday morning it quit working. I had made a number of changes before I noticed that it had stopped working, but after undoing every change it still will not fire. After testing very thoroughly, the only way I can get it to fire is if I register a paying member with a form (no fire) and then if I use another paid register form to upgrade them. With this scenario it will fire the Payment Notification on the second payment submission. I am in sandbox mode and have checked the Authorize.net dashboard and the ARB subscription is being added on the first registration submission. On the second registration submission, (the upgrade), the ARB subscription is replaced and everything looks good on the Authorize.net side. The only problem is that the Payment Notification will not fire on the first payment submission. I used the Auth.net Pro forms to generate the forms I am using. I also tried adding an email address to the Payment Notification but got the same result, it will only send the email on the second payment submission.

I can send the sandbox logs to someone, but I don’t see how to attach a file to this post.

Please help us as soon as possible, because we are waiting on this to launch the site.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 2:27 pm #32726
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Zack,

Thank you for the information. I will escalate this issue to Jason, the lead developer, but I know that he’s away with limited email access until Thursday. In the meantime, please submit your logs and your login details using the Private Contact Form. I also recommend testing with a clean install of s2Member to ensure that your custom code isn’t the cause of this issue and that you didn’t miss reverting any of your custom changes.

Finally, I also suggest testing outside of the sandbox (i.e., with live transactions of $0.01). Sometimes the sandbox mode causes strange issues on the payment gateway side and the only real way of knowing there’s an actual problem is to test with the live gateway.

Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 11:30 pm #32854

I submitted logs and admin login info when I posted the support request.
I am not currently able to turn sandbox off on authorize.net, but I tried a few other tests. I upgraded s2member framework and pro to 121023 and the problem seemed to get worse. Now the Registration Notification will not fire on first registration. Previously this fired every time.

The sooner we can get help the better, the company owners are getting antsy.
Thanks for any help.

** edit
I spoke too soon. The Registration Notification is still firing, but the Payment Notification still does not fire on first paid registration submission.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Zack.
Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 6:05 am #32881
Staff Member

Thank you. Details received.

~ Investigating your installation now.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 7:09 am #32890
Staff Member
The FTP details that I received privately are not working properly. It’s rejecting the FTP password on my end. Can you please verify these details for me, and then post a new form submission with the FTP details privately?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 8:07 am #32897

Sorry about that. I reset the ftp password to what I gave you and then tested it.

Please let me know.
Thanks

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:45 am #32990

I never heard back if Jason was able to get into the server now or if he found any reason for the problem.

Please let me know.
Thanks

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 4:49 pm #33046

Ok,
I figured out what caused the issue.
I found this code to redirect a user to a page after they register at this location:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14211#p31548
*/
function s2_auto_login_after_registration($vars = array()) {
if (!is_admin() && $vars[‘processed’] === ‘yes’) {
wp_new_user_notification($vars[‘user_id’], $vars[‘pass’]);
wp_set_auth_cookie($vars[‘user_id’], false, is_ssl());
wp_redirect(S2MEMBER_LOGIN_WELCOME_PAGE_URL . ‘?first’);
exit();
}
}
add_action(‘ws_plugin__s2member_during_configure_user_registration’, ‘s2_auto_login_after_registration’);

However after adding this code, the Payment Notification hook does not fire when a member registers the first time.
What is confusing is that it does fire the second time a member fills out a registration form while they are logged in.

However, I still have the problem of needing to redirect a new member to his home page after they register.
How can I accomplish this without breaking any API notification hooks.

Please let me know.
Thanks

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 7:38 am #33088

Thanks for the update, Zach.

Yeah, that hack causes the notifications to not work. I should have guessed you may have been using the hack, sorry it didn’t occur to me. It seems to redirect before the code gets to the point where notifications are fired, so they never happen.

What you could do is remove the redirection from that hack, so the user will be logged in automatically after registration, although I’m not sure where he’ll end up without that redirection, haven’t tested it. In any case, if notifications then work, you can probably add something else to make the user go to the Login Welcome page successfuly after all.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.