latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Advanced integration

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Advanced integration

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  Trina Hemphill 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 5:34 pm #12522

I am wondering if you are planning to integrate with Paypal Advanced. I guess that is a relatively new Paypal feature, something between the Standard and Pro. I see no reference to it in your documentation and it would be a perfect choice for us instead of Paypal Pro. Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 4:35 am #12557

Thanks for the suggestion, Kinga. I’ll notify the Lead Developer about your request. :)

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 12:41 pm #12604

Yes, I was just looking into the same option. The PayPal pro fees, including “Recurring billing” are hefty, and it would be nice to avoid them. But PayPal would have be be really invisible.

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 8:04 pm #12623

Right, Jason is looking at integrating more PayPal services.

Also, PayPal just changed, without warning, the way PayPal Pro works with Recurring Payments, so Jason is working on updating that as well. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-payments-pro-and-payflow-pro/#post-12360

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #12813

Wow, reading the thread with Jason, this is becoming a maze with Paypal. I agree with Michael Miller, Pro is expensive if you add the recurring billing and if you don’t use virtual terminal. Paypal Advanced would be a more economical option. Thanks for keeping us updated on this.

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 4:05 pm #12825

You’re welcome.

Yeah, PayPal threw a monkey wrench into the thing. Jason’s working on the PayFlow integration now. PayPal Advanced will be further down the line.

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 4:37 pm #13799
Jeff Agard
Username: tlgc

Any update on when the Paypal Advanced integration may be available? Or, is there any way I could make the Paypal Pro features of s2Member Pro work with my Paypal Advanced account?

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 6:36 am #13857

No date for PayPal Advanced integration yet. PayFlow integration was just released, though. http://www.s2member.com/changelog/

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 1:36 pm #14348

Need an update on PayPal Advanced integration or at least what we can do to make it work on our own. I love the s2member’s function in WordPress, but am really frustrated with the lack of support for additional gateways! Especially the big ones like 2checkout, and similar… please get these done faster or at least show a proper step by step tutorial on how to integrate our own… but, at least for now, add PayPal Advanced (or show/explain how to do it on our own). What is the timeframe for this?

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 2:34 pm #14350
Trina Hemphill
Username: trina

I agree with Artem’s previous post. An estimated date for Paypal Advanced Integration with S2 would be very helpful. My site is new, and I am currently in the process of signing up with Paypal Pro. I really don’t need Pro. The new Advanced option is perfect for my business, but until S2 configures the interface my hands are tied to the $30/month Paypal Pro option. It’s not my intent to back anyone into a corner regarding a commitment to a release date, but it would be helpful to know if in general it will be one month or more like six months before we can use Advanced with S2. Also, is there some kind of work-around that would enable the use of Paypal Advanced?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.