latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal "Agree/Continue" sends to Memb options

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal "Agree/Continue" sends to Memb options

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 9:42 pm #16090
Jim Climy
Username: weasel

So I am testing with a real personal Paypal account. My proform on my Membership Options page directs me to Paypal when checking out. I sign in to Paypal and get a message:

Payment methods
Payment MethodDefault payment method
View PayPal policies and your payment method rights.
Contact information
xxxxxx@gmail.com
Use PayPal for automatic payments to xxxx, LLC. Payments will be made with your default payment method unless you select a preferred payment method. To make changes, go to My money in your Profile, and update the My preapproved payments section.

You’re almost done. You will confirm your payment on XXXX, LLC

I hit the “Agree and Continue” button and I am redirected back to my membership options page which is incomplete. No transactions appear in any Paypal accounts. No emails are received. I don’t even see any logs at “/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs”? It seems like the transaction does not complete in any way.

Any ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 9:44 pm #16091
Jim Climy

I have logging enabled for Paypal options enable debugging, with API, IPN & Return Page logging

Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 9:55 pm #16092
Jim Climy

I notice I do not have a s2member-files and s2member-logs folder in my wp-content/plugins folder. Perhaps a permission issue? Is there somewhere that shows all the permissions I need to give the plugin? My site’s hosting company keeps a lockdown on many permission settings.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Jim Climy.
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 6:45 pm #16165
Jim Climy

My host tells me they gave the plugin write permissions but I dont have a -logs or -files folder in the plugins folder. How do I make sure those can be created properly?

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 7:19 pm #16168
Jim Climy
Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 4:30 am #16344
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Jim,

Have you double-checked your IPN and PDT integration settings?

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration

Have you made sure that you’re fully logged out of s2Member when conducting the test purchase? You should logout of WordPress and clear your browser cache/cookies before testing to make sure that s2Member doesn’t get confused about who’s making the purchase.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 4:43 am #16347

Hi Jim. Sorry for the delayed response.

The s2member-logs and s2member-files folders should have been created on activation of s2Member, but if the server permissions didn’t allow it, that’d explain why you don’t have them.

You can add those folders manually to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Just make sure s2Member will be able to write to those, or no logs will be created.

To check your server and make sure there are no other problems, you can try this script Jason created. Upload it via FTP to your WordPress directory and load it in your browser, please. http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/

Once you get logs from your transactions, it’ll be easier to see what the issue may be with the PayPal checkout.

Did you double-check all your PayPal integration settings to make sure there are no errors there? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

Are you using PayPal Pro or just Express Checkout with the pro-form? Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 8:50 am #16368
Jim Climy

Server Scan By: s2Member®Test Email Functionality?

The following issues were discovered…
Tip: Notices/warnings can be dismissed (if you MUST); please read carefully.

[ERROR] Multibyte String Extension
Missing PHP extension. s2Member® needs the mbstring extension for PHP. This will add multibyte support to your installation of PHP, allowing UTF-8 character conversion. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message.
[ERROR] Default XML Reader Extension
Missing XML Reader extension. s2Member® needs the XML Reader extension for PHP. This will add XML support to your installation of PHP, and allows for the reading of XML documents. Note, this extension should have been enabled with just a default installation of PHP. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message.
[ERROR] Default XML Writer Extension
Missing XML Writer extension. s2Member® needs the XML Writer extension for PHP. This will add XML support to your installation of PHP, and allows for the creation of XML documents. Note, this extension should have been enabled with just a default installation of PHP. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message.
[ERROR] Default DOM Extension
Missing DOM extension. s2Member® needs the DOM extension for PHP. This will add Document Object Model support to your installation of PHP, allowing XML documents to be traversed easily. Note, this extension should have been enabled with just a default installation of PHP. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message.
[ERROR] Mcrypt/Encryption Extension
Missing Mcrypt extension. s2Member® needs the Mcrypt extension for PHP. This will add encryption support to your installation of PHP, with a variety of block algorithms; such as DES, TripleDES, and Blowfish. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message.
[NOTICE] WordPress® Memory LimitAUTO-FIX!dismiss?
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you raise your WordPress® memory limit (set: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php), to at least 64M (i.e. 64 megabytes). Please see: this how-to article. Or consult with your web hosting company about this message. Your current memory limit allows only: 32M
You passed on all of these scans :-)

[PASS] PHP Version
You are currently running PHP 5.3.3. Minimum required version is: 5.2
[PASS] WordPress® Version
You are currently running WordPress® 3.3.1. Minimum required version is: 3.2
[PASS] ZLib Extension (GZIP)
The zlib extension is installed. Your server supports GZIP compression.
[PASS] Default Hash Extension
The Hash extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports message digests.
[PASS] Default XML Parser Extension
The XML Parser extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports XML parsing.
[PASS] Default libXML Extension
The libXML extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports this important dependency.
[PASS] Default Simple XML Extension
The Simple XML extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server can convert XML into PHP objects.
[PASS] Default Sessions Extension
The Sessions extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server allows read/write access to session data.
[PASS] MySQL Database Extension
The MySQL extension is installed. Your server supports MySQL database communication.
[PASS] Default JSON Extension
The JSON extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports JavaScript object notation.
[PASS] GD Image Extension (JPEG/PNG/FreeType)
The GD Image extension is installed. Your server supports dynamic image creation.
[PASS] Default Fileinfo Extension
The Fileinfo extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP 5.3+. Your server supports MIME type detection.
[PASS] Default Ctype Extension
The Ctype extension is installed. Comes with every installation of PHP. Your server supports character class detection.
[PASS] PHP eval() Function
The eval() function is available.
[PASS] PHP ini_get() Function
The ini_get() function is available.
[PASS] cURL Extension With SSL Support
The cURL extension for remote communication via PHP is available (and the OpenSSL extension for PHP is enabled).
[PASS] INI fopen() URL With SSL Support
The setting allow_url_fopen is on in your php.ini file (and the OpenSSL extension for PHP is enabled).
[PASS] OpenSSL Extension With openssl_sign()
The OpenSSL extension is installed, and PHP function openssl_sign() is available.
[PASS] Temporary Files Directory
A readable/writable temporary files directory was found here: /tmp
[PASS] $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’]
Your server reports this value: /home/xxxx/public_html/
[PASS] $_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’]
Your server reports this value: http://www.xxxx.com
[PASS] $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’]
Your server reports this value: /s2member-server-check-120526.php
[PASS] $_SERVER[‘REMOTE_ADDR’]
Your server reports this value: xxxxxx
[PASS] $_SERVER[‘HTTP_USER_AGENT’]
Your server reports this value: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5
[PASS] $_SERVER[‘SERVER_ADDR’]
Your server reports this value: xxxxxxx
[PASS] WordPress® MAX Memory Limit
Your WordPress MAX memory limit (WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php, or by default), is set to: 256M
[PASS] WordPress® DB Charset
Your WordPress database charset (DB_CHARSET in /wp-config.php, or by default), is set to: utf8
[PASS] WordPress® Character Encoding
Your WordPress installation is operating with UTF-8 encoding, under: WordPress -› Settings -› Reading -› Encoding.
[PASS] WordPress® Home URL
Your WordPress home URL is configured to run on: http://www.xxxx.com, and that matches the current host name: http://www.xxxx.com
[PASS] WordPress Site URL
Your WordPress site URL is configured to run on: http://www.xxxx.com, and that matches the current host name: http://www.xxxx.com
[PASS] WordPress® Debugging Mode
Your WordPress installation is NOT running in debugging mode (WP_DEBUG in /wp-config.php, or by default), is NOT set to TRUE.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Jim Climy.
Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:18 pm #16401
Jim Climy

Finally got plugin installed/activated with the plugin creating the two folders -logs and -files, so write permissions should be fixed. I will email you the log now.

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 2:50 pm #16499
Jim Climy

Any updates? I should note that the behavior remains the same….no ability to process transactions currently. Please help!

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 5:42 am #16554

Hi Jim.

Spent some time now going through your settings. I found the page with the pro-form, but it doesn’t load and gives
me this error:

The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

It does it when loaded via HTTPS. I went to edit the page, removed the custom field to force SSL, and then was able to view the page. I then added it back and saved to leave it the way you had it.

I saw that you have close to 50 plugins, almost 40 active. It is possible that one of them is conflicting somewhere. You also have 3 drop-in plugins.

I didn’t touch them, because it’s not my site, but I’d recommend that you test deactivating them one by one and try loading the salespage after each, to see if the problem goes away. I’d start with the W3 caching plugin and go from there. I suggest that you use two browsers for the test: one to be logged in as the admin to make the changes, and another to be logged out to view the page as a visitor.

By the way, object caching is known to cause trouble. W3 cache has this feature, make sure it’s disabled. And I saw you have a drop-in plugin for this.

I wanted to see the logs, but you sent me just one entry from one log file. Could you please send all the log files in your s2member-logs directory, please? Or send the FTP login and I can look for them myself.

Also, I’d like to make a test purchase with the membership set at 1 cent, but I didn’t want to publish this pro-form myself in a new page that may show up in your navigation, or in a page that is already published and may get another visitor. Could you create the pro-form for this and send me the URL to it, please? I want to see the return problem after I accept the terms, as you described.

By the way, over at PayPal, what URL did you enter for the return? Is it the one that ends with /?s2member_paypal_return=1 [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT/Autor-Return Integration[/hilite]

Thanks.

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 3:07 pm #16602
Jim Climy

Hello,

Thanks for looking. As you see in the other thread, I disabled all plugins (but s2) & changed themes but still got the redirect error. I guess I could try again, with ssl disabled, to try a checkout.

That is my whole log, not a portion.

To test a small payment, goto s2-test-page/ to attempt a checkout, oh and yes, that is the URL I have in Paypal’s IPN. I don’t have a set return anywhere since I that this is handled automatically?

I disabled object caching in w3tc.

Posted: Saturday Jun 16th, 2012 at 7:10 am #16662

Thanks for setting that page up. I did a checkout through Express Checkout, I hit the button to agree, and got properly taken back to the page with the pro-form. /s2-test-page/?s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_return&token=EC-*************

I didn’t get taken to the Membership Options page or got an error.

If you want to customize where the person will be taken after checkout, you can use the success attribute in the shortcode. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:05 pm #16751
Jim Climy

Uh but my membership options page, is the same as the page with my Paypal pro form so I guess its behaving OK? But when I do it, the form remains unfilled. Probably more importantly no transaction seems to take place, and no emails get sent or anything. No usernames are created. So what is going wrong? I did not see any checkout confirmation sent to me or revenue from your transaction? What am I missing?

Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #16775
Jim Climy

I see some additional logs in my folder now, I wonder if this is telling, seems to be coming up several times, not sure why I did not see the error before. Will send over full logs shortly.

——– Output string/vars: ( Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:19:51 am UTC ) ——–
TIMESTAMP=2012%2d06%2d15T09%3a19%3a51Z&CORRELATIONID=a814c30ce7c0c&ACK=Failure&VERSION=71%2e0&BUILD=3067390&L_ERRORCODE0=11928&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Invalid%20Argument&L_LONGMESSAGE0=The%20email%20or%20merchant%20ID%20specified%20is%20invalid%2e&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error
array (
‘TIMESTAMP’ => ‘2012-06-15T09:19:51Z’,
‘CORRELATIONID’ => ‘a814c30ce7c0c’,
‘ACK’ => ‘Failure’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘BUILD’ => ‘3067390’,
‘L_ERRORCODE0’ => ‘11928’,
‘L_SHORTMESSAGE0’ => ‘Invalid Argument’,
‘L_LONGMESSAGE0’ => ‘The email or merchant ID specified is invalid.’,
‘L_SEVERITYCODE0’ => ‘Error’,
‘__error’ => ‘Error #11928. Invalid Argument. The email or merchant ID specified is invalid.’,

Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:41 pm #16777
Jim Climy

Argh, I thought I had fixed it. My set Paypal email was a non-primary that I had not even setup. Switched to my primary email but now the log shows this, and same behavior happens (i.e. no charges):

——– Output string/vars: ( Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:37:27 pm UTC ) ——–
RESULT=0&RESPMSG=Approved&TOKEN=EC-xxxx&CORRELATIONID=xxxxxx&TRANSTIME=2012-06-18 10:37:26&AMT=0.00&CARDTYPE=
array (
‘RESULT’ => ‘0’,
‘RESPMSG’ => ‘Approved’,
‘TOKEN’ => ‘EC-xxxxxx’,
‘CORRELATIONID’ => ‘xxxxx’,
‘TRANSTIME’ => ‘2012-06-18 10:37:26’,
‘AMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘CARDTYPE’ => ”,
)

So why is the Amount shown as zero? Maybe that is why I am not getting any charges/notifications, etc.

All my transactions seem to show this amount zero. I did a search on “‘AMT’ => ‘0.00’,” in s2 forums and the only instance I can find of that occurring is the
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/transactions-not-going-through/

I am showing version Version 120608 + s2Member Pro v120608

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 5:51 am #16861

Glad you found that email problem and sorted it out. :)

I don’t know why you’re getting that zero amount either. I got your logs in the morning, but could you send them again, now with the transactions after you fixed the email?

Jason may need to review this one, and he’d need access to the site to see why it’s happening. Could you include login info when you submit the new logs?

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:38 am #16904
Jim Climy

OK, very weird. So I corrected the Paypal options user email. I then tried the page I have with Paypal pro forms and tried to checkout using Paypal again, same issue. So I then decided to create a test page with just a Paypal button. I then tried to checkout again with this new page, and success! You should see that in the log. What is weird is then I just now, before sending, tried checking out again and what is weird is that though the form had amount 3.50GBP, I received at about the time of my checkout a notice of a charge for $1USD – could it be coincidence from my button checkout? Does it take time for some charges to come thru? I am confused. Maybe looking at the logs you can figure it out. I though in retrospect maybe this is because I did not change the “membership options” page or some setting from the button setting….. no idea.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:41 am #16905
Jim Climy

Oh, I should note too that despite my credit card being charged from the buttons, I don’t see a new user in users/level 1? The only one there I created manually. Did some quick searches and don’t see the user I thought I created….

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 2:24 am #16972
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

Details received. Investigating now.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 2:29 am #16974
Staff Member

Investigation completed.

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

I found this was caused by a change in Google’s currency conversion API, which is required for sites selling products in a GBP currency. That is, PayPal requires that all transactions submitted in GBP, be converted to GBP before running them through the API. A recent change in Google’s currency conversion API, was causing a $0.00 amount to be pushed through instead.

We’ve had this corrected in the development copy, which will come out in a maintenance release in the next day or two. Until then, I’m including a patch file, which updates existing installations of s2Member v120608. If you’d like to implement this patch, please unzip and upload the attached file, allowing it to override your existing copy of: /s2member/includes/classes/utils-cur.inc.php

http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/utils-cur.inc_.php_.zip

If you have any trouble, please wait for the next maintenance release, coming in the next day or two.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 4:26 pm #17035
Jim Climy

Added this file. But same behavior. Plus my s2member pro no longer seems to load? What am I missing?

——– Output string/vars: ( Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:24:26 pm UTC ) ——–
RESULT=0&RESPMSG=Approved&TOKEN=EC-xxxxxx&CORRELATIONID=xxxxxxx&TRANSTIME=2012-06-20 13:24:25&AMT=0.00&CARDTYPE=
array (
‘RESULT’ => ‘0’,
‘RESPMSG’ => ‘Approved’,
‘TOKEN’ => ‘EC-xxxxx’,
‘CORRELATIONID’ => ‘xxxxxxxxx’,
‘TRANSTIME’ => ‘2012-06-20 13:24:25’,
‘AMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘CARDTYPE’ => ”,
)

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 3:03 pm #17210
Staff Member
The maintenance release of s2Member v120622 is now available.
http://www.s2member.com/changelog/

Please let us know if you continue to have trouble.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.