latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Auto-Return Page

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Auto-Return Page

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 5:47 pm #29338
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

I am using PayPal Pro Forms with PayPal Standard, and need some help with setting up PayPal Return page after purchasing specific page/post. Basically, right now, after payment at PayPal, the user is directed back to the originating PayPal ProForm page, with a message

Thank You: Your Purchase Has Been Approved.
Click Here to Proceed

I would like it to function, as intended, returning to the first page of the purchased report (that typically has 3-5 pages).

Please help.

Thanks,

Manish

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 6:43 am #29372

Hi Manish.

For that you can use the success attribute in the pro-form’s shortcode. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 7:32 am #29382
Ganaxi

Hi Cristian:

Thanks for the response. But that will not work in my case. Let me explain why.

This is because I have over 170 such Specific Page purchase pages, each leading to a different thank you page, with each of those thank you pages containing a different set of pages that they have purchased access to. Basically, the thank you page is a lead to the other two or four (as the case may be) pages, so using the example offered in s2, I am not sure how to apply that since it seems to have “?subscr_id” as the attribute.

On another topic, I do need to apply that success= to my membership thank you pages, and am not sure of the application here. Does it go inside the PayPal proform shorcode at the end? like,

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$XX USD / Quarterly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.xyzxyzxyz.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="45" rp="3" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success="/my-thank-you-page/?subscr_id=%%subscr_id%% /]

Please help with the above two questions regarding Thank You pages, one for Specific Page Purchases, and the other for Membership Level pages.

Regards,

Manish

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 1:07 pm #29424
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Manish,

Each of your Specific Page/Post purchase buttons can be configured with a different success=”” shortcode attribute, pointing to the correct Thank You page for that specific purchase. You will need to update your Specific Page/Post shortcodes to include the correct URLs in the success=”” attributes.

The Pro-Form shortcode you provided above is correctly configured with a success=”” attribute pointing to a page called /my-thank-you-page/?subscr_id=%%subscr_id%%, where %%subscr_id%% will be replaced with the Subscriber ID.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 1:16 pm #29430
Ganaxi

Hi Raam,

Thanks for the response.

Isn’t that functionality basic, i.e., per the instructional videos, it goes to the first of the specific pages purchased by default? I have almost 200 such specific page/post pages with different url’s for success of each page. I am wondering is there a tweak somewhere that is not enabling the basic functionality discussed above?

Thanks.

Manish

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:52 am #29486

This is because I have over 170 such Specific Page purchase pages, each leading to a different thank you page, with each of those thank you pages containing a different set of pages that they have purchased access to. Basically, the thank you page is a lead to the other two or four (as the case may be) pages, so using the example offered in s2, I am not sure how to apply that since it seems to have “?subscr_id” as the attribute.

Isn’t that functionality basic, i.e., per the instructional videos, it goes to the first of the specific pages purchased by default? I have almost 200 such specific page/post pages with different url’s for success of each page. I am wondering is there a tweak somewhere that is not enabling the basic functionality discussed above?

Do you mean have navigation links to the pages in the bundle you created from the the thank-you page you specify in the success attribute? Sorry, s2Member doesn’t have that, it’d be a customization you have to create.

In your thank-you page you could check the item number of the order and get the post IDs from it, or pass the post IDs as variables in the custom attribute of the shortcode ([hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes custom[/hilite]), then get the post titles from them to build the links dynamically, I guess?

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 7:04 am #29493
Ganaxi

Hi Cristian:

Let me explain. Below is my shortcode,

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form sp="1" ids="5988,5675,5679" exp="2190" desc="XXX In YYY ZZZ" ps="paypalGFP" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.gurufundpicks.com" ra="4" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

As I understand, when this short-code is put on the PayPal Pro-Form Purchase Page (I am using PayPal Standard), it should after purchase at the PayPal site lead to the first post ID(5988). Instead, it leads back to the PayPal Pro-Form Page after purchase with a link to the page saying, as below:

Thank You: Your Purchase Has Been Approved.
Click Here to Proceed

Although it works, this is confusing, as it should have, per the Instructional Videos, gone directly to the first Post ID(5988). I have manually created links in each of those posts, leading to the other two purchased pages, so that works, and is not an issue. It is the behaviour after purchase on the PayPal site that is the issue.

Hope that is more clear, and that you can help.

Thanks,

Manish

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 7:57 am #29506

Okay, I understand now.

In that case, you can use the success attribute pointing to the first page of each bundle. In the case of Post ID 5988 it’d be

[hilite pre_code]
success="http://www.gurufundpicks.com/?p=5988"
[/hilite]
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.