latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal auto-return URL — can I have more tha

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal auto-return URL — can I have more tha

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 4th, 2012 at 7:56 am #30586
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

I am currently using my PP auto-return for another website. As far as i know, PP only allows one URL to be registered. What do you suggest I do in this situation?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Nov 4th, 2012 at 4:18 pm #30605
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello James,

I suppose you’re using the success attribute correct? If so, how do you plan to divide the URLs?

By what the user bought, or what? What will decide different URLs?

I might be able to help if you answer. ;)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 5:27 am #30624
JAMES HALL

Hi Eduan!

Actually, I don’t know…

I have another site that uses a WP shopping-cart and so I don’t do any of the config myself ;-) (uh, oh, another non-coder hacking wp!)

Looking at my PP business setup it says that Auto_Return is ON, a return URL is specified (which btw is the transaction results page for my shopping cart plugin. Also, Payment Data Transfer is ON and there is a token.

Do I need to create a new return page that has conditional logic in it directing the customer to the correct URL?

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:38 pm #30644
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Oh OK, I was gonna suggest that you use a different return URL in your shortcode, depending on the conditional logic that you want.

But if you’re not using s2Member’s buttons, I can’t really help you.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 11:36 pm #30728

I am currently using my PP auto-return for another website. As far as i know, PP only allows one URL to be registered. What do you suggest I do in this situation?

It’s not really a problem, because s2Member sets the IPN an return URLs with each transaction when you use the shortcodes, so you can leave the setting in PayPal as the default for the shopping cart. You can read more about it here:

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> More Info[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT / Auto-Return -> More Info[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 5:34 am #30757
JAMES HALL

Thanks Cris!

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 6:39 am #30761

:)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.