latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Button for Specific Post/Page access

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Button for Specific Post/Page access

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 9:23 am #22091

Hello,

This seems like a silly error, I’ve created these Paypal buttons for Specific page access many times. But when I’m doing it to day, the page shows the shortcode just like it was created. I guess the shortcode is not getting executed – what am I doing wrong ? Thank you

[s2Member-PayPal-Button sp="1" ids="7076" exp="24" desc="Test page purchase" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.hackertrading.com" ra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Hari

This is what the page looks like http://www.hackertrading.com/test-page/

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 12:11 pm #22118
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Hari,

What plugins do you have installed? Just in case there is one that disables shortcode generation. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 12:35 pm #22124

Thanks Eduan – I have a few of them (12 are active). The new ones my developer put in are TinyMCE which added all kinds of features to my editor. Other new ones are PJW Page Excerpt and Ozh Better Feed. I think all the others are stuff like S2member, WordPress SEO etc. These were all installed before .

Do you know anything that might indicate one of these 3 is causing the problem ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Hari

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 1:01 pm #22129
Eduan

Try deactivating TinyMCE to start with, that may cause a problem, if it doesn’t help, try the other two.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 1:02 pm #22131

Thanks Eduan, will try that

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 1:17 pm #22134

Hi Eduan,

None of that worked. In fact I tried deactivating at least 6 or 7 plugins. The problem still exists.

Now, instead of the shortcode, is it possible to get the actual code itself for the Paypal button ? How do I do this ?

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 2:40 pm #22140
Eduan

Hello Hari,

I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work, could you as a last test try changing your theme to the default theme (TwentyEleven).

That is possible, although just take into account it wouldn’t be encrypted, and so I believe techie bastards will be able to modify some payment info and stuff.

When you generate the PayPal button, below the shortcode field is the HTML version. It’s important you install a plugin like PHP Execution because it can sometimes contain PHP.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:33 am #22201

Hi Hari.

None of that worked. In fact I tried deactivating at least 6 or 7 plugins. The problem still exists.

Are you sure s2Member is active? If it isn’t, that’d explain why the shortcode isn’t parsed. If it is, then there must be a plugin conflict, so try deactivating, as a test, all the other plugins and see if the shortcode is now parsed. Then activate the plugins one by one, checking after each if the parsing problem returns. Another thing that could be causing the issue is the theme, so you can test changing to the default one for a moment.

Now, instead of the shortcode, is it possible to get the actual code itself for the Paypal button ? How do I do this ?

Yes, check out this article: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

It’d still be good to find what’s causing the bad parsing, though.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.