latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

paypal button shortcode not working

Home Forums Community Forum paypal button shortcode not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 12:50 pm #22668

Hi,

I just upgraded my paypal account to a business one, got an API signature and input it into S2member. I then generated a level 1 paypal button and pasted the shortcode into a page using the visual editor.

Unfortunately nothing has happened, can you tell me if I missed a step or if I am being stupid in some other way as I’m sure this is a pretty simple task.

Regards,

Mark.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 7:43 am #22714
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mark,

Please post the shortcode into the page using the HTML Editor, not the Visual Editor.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 8:37 am #22739

I just tried that and it didnt work,

I just looked at the video tutorial and it said that S2pro needs paypal pro in order to work, would that cause this?

I have now applied for paypal pro and am awaiting acceptance.

I don’t know the acceptance criteria though and am a start up business, so if I am not accepted and it is causing the fault is there another way around it?

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:25 am #22813

Hi Mark.

PayPal Pro is not required for the pro-form, you can do it with the free Express Checkout option. And the buttons are for the free PayPal Standard service. Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

If the shortcode is not working in your post, it’s something else. Even if PayPal weren’t working, you should get the pro-form/button displayed in the page. What’s happening? Is nothing shown or is the shortcode shown in the page?

Could you post here the shortcode you tried using? And, if you don’t mind making your site known, could you post a link to the page where you posted it? If you want to keep it private, you can send it via the contact form. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 6:13 am #23249

Hi,

The shortcode I used was:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="P&P of Small business Growth Guide + 30 day free website trial" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="109.108.142.42" ta="1.95" tp="30" tt="D" ra="55.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

The page I used it on was a test page with nothing else in the body of the page, it’s current address is

http://109.108.142.42/~ah4s/?page_id=1076

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Mark.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 7:26 am #23379

Thanks.

Weird… The button’s HTML is in the source code of the page.

Could you do a quick test changing your theme to the default TwentyEleven one and refresh that page to see if the button then shows?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.