latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal buttons

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal buttons

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:51 pm #28859
Dean Coak
Username: deano123

Hi

We are using a custom tables and they come with a url link which incorporate the tables own buttons.

We don’t want to use the paypal buttons but we do want to use the link generated by s2member. Would this be possible?

Regards

Dean

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Dean Coak.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 6:38 pm #28936
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Dean,

Are you referring to the URL version of the PayPal button? If so, yes, that should be fine. You can generate the URL version of any PayPal button by setting the output=”” attribute to url. Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) for more information.

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 6:25 am #28975
Dean Coak

Hi Raam

Yes this is what we are after. I have read the explanation but still unsure how to generate a url code instead of a button?

Regards

Dean

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 10:24 am #29020

In the shortcode, change the [hilite mono]output[/hilite] attribute to [hilite code]output="url"[/hilite].

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 8:47 am #29243
Dean Coak

Hi Chistian

Do you mean like this:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Xero bronze accounting package" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.dcaccounting.co.uk" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="59.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="url" /]

When I put this into my pricing table it doesn’t seem to be able to take all of the above shortcode?

Regards

Dean

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 2:11 pm #29295
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Dean,

I’m not sure what you mean by “it doesn’t seem to be able to take all of the above shortcode”. If you place that shortcode on a WordPress Post/Page and then display the Post/Page, WordPress will convert the shortcode into a URL that you can use as a link somewhere.

For example, in HTML you might do something like this:

<a href="[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Xero bronze accounting package" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.dcaccounting.co.uk" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="59.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="url" /]">Click here to purchase</a>
Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 2:23 pm #29299
Dean Coak

Hi Raam

I am using a pricing tables plugin and the table asks for the url but when I put the shortcode in the box provided it doesn’t seem to take it?

Regards

Dean

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 5:39 am #29365

Using a shortcode inside another shortcode must be the problem, the parser not knowing how to deal with them.

You can first use the button’s shortcode on its own, log out of your account, load the page with the shortcode and copy the URL it outputs, then paste that in the table.

Keep in mind that this won’t work with upgrades, only new signups. For upgrades, you need the person logged in when the shortcode is parsed. That’s why I included logging out, so the URL doesn’t have your account’s info.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.