latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal couldnt charge a recurring customer

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal couldnt charge a recurring customer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Ronnie 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 7:47 am #46195
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

Today I’ve gotten an email from paypal that one of our members couldnt be charged a recurring payment, and that the payment will be tried again in 5 days.

Our member still has an active account even though we, of course, couldnt get a payment.
Should we manually delete our member, or will S2member do it later today or what will happen if a recurring payment is declined?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 12:28 am #46248

The subscription is still going in PayPal, but if all the reattempts fail, PayPal will end the subscription and notify s2Member about it, and s2Member will set the EOT time the his profile.

If you don’t want to have payment reattempts to end it sooner, you’ll have to edit the [hilite mono]rra[/hilite] attribute to [hilite mono]1[/hilite] in the shortcode for new subscriptions, or edit the profiles in PayPal for existing ones. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rra[/hilite]

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 7:48 am #46683
Ronnie

Status.. Its been five days, and Paypal couldnt charge him again, his membership is still active and paypal wants to try again in another 5 days.

What do I need to do to:

Make sure that something like this cannot happen again, as in, if paypal cant charge a member his account should be deleted right away?

I will manually delete his membership now, and delete his recurring account with us at paypal.

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 8:56 am #46742

What does the subscription profile in PayPal say regarding reattempting to charge him? How many times is it set to? And what was the rra attribute set to in the shortcode when he started the subscription?

Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 8:03 am #46836
Ronnie

This is my shortcode for recurring payments:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="4" ccaps="" desc="Løbende abonnement / 59,- om måneden" ps="Paypal" lc="" cc="DKK" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.xxxx.dk" ta="59" tp="30" tt="D" ra="59" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="DK" captcha="0" /]

Could I set the RRA to 0 if I want 0 re-attempts and want the member deleted immidiately if the payment doesnt go through?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:53 pm #46975
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Could I set the RRA to 0 if I want 0 re-attempts and want the member deleted immidiately if the payment doesnt go through?

This is true for PayPal Buttons, but not Pro Forms (it’s a PayPal thing). Setting rra=”0″ means that you allow an infinite number of failed payments.

The lowest you can go is 1 with PayPal Pro Forms.

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 9:07 am #47189
Ronnie

Got it!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.