latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Error #10501 –

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Error #10501 –

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 10:01 am #10147

Hello…

I’m in a bit of a panic here trying to troubleshoot an error upon registration of our newly launched site. This is what appears when trying to register using PayPal Pro and the “Visa” option:

Error #10501. Invalid Configuration. This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

Tracking this down at PayPal give a bit more info:

Invalid Configuration
This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.
Occurs when the billing agreement is disabled or inactive.

I’ve combed through everything I could think of on the site and in the S2Member configuration/etc but keep getting the error.

Can you help? Thanks in advance,

Ross (site developer using this S2Member account)

UPDATE: Here’s the shortcode we’re using:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="Photographers Breakthrough Member / Description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.photographersbreakthrough.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Here’s the page it lives on:
https://www.photographersbreakthrough.com/membership/

Thank you…

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Tony Rizzuto. Reason: added shortcode and member URL

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 10:15 pm #10214
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

It sounds like your PayPal “Pro” account is not yet activated, or perhaps it just needs some attention by PayPal merchant support on your behalf. This error has to do with your PayPal Pro account status, and/or configuration on the PayPal end of things.

I recommend contacting PayPal and asking them to take a look at your account status. Tell them that you’re getting that specific error message.

Posted: Friday Apr 6th, 2012 at 10:54 am #10237

Thank you…I’d already contacted them and they’re looking into it…..hoping this is an easy fix on their end.

Posted: Friday Apr 6th, 2012 at 11:24 am #10243
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update. Let us know how it goes.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.