latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal expired security token

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal expired security token

This topic contains 41 replies, has 8 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 16 replies - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 11:36 pm #49337

Did they give me the wrong type of PayPal Pro account to use with s2member? or is this a bug?

Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 12:01 am #49657

Any word on the fix for this?

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 12:58 am #49721

It’s taken long because PayPal made Jason jump through hoops to sort this out. There were undocumented changes and a bug on PayPal’s side, which Jason discovered in his investigation and worked with them to have them fix it, and also updated s2Member’s code to deal with this… We’ll be releasing a new version of s2Member with these, and we’ll publish an article explaining them. Thank you for your patience!

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 4:49 am #49729
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience while we worked through this issue.

s2Member v130510 is now available (among other things, it resolves this issue).
Please see: http://www.s2member.com/changelog/#s2-changes-v130510

Changelog Excerpt:

(s2Member Pro) Updating Payflow Integration w/ Payflow Bug Workaround

Updating Payflow integration to support Billing Agreement IDs (aka: BAID values) when working together with Payflow Express Checkout APIs (and where a site owner is charging on a recurring basis).

This improvement also allows s2Member to work around a Payflow bug where BILLINGTYPE=RecurringPayments results in error #7 (Invalid/Expired TOKEN) whenever Payflow attempts to rebill a customer. s2Member now sets BILLINGTYPE=RecurringBilling; and we pass BAID=B-xxxxxx instead of passing TOKEN=xxxxxx.

Site owners also need to contact PayPal MTS and ask to have Reference Transactions (free) enabled for Recurring Billing service. If you attempt to checkout through an s2Member Pro Form, and you get error #11452 “Merchant not enabled for Reference transactions”; this is the reason.

You need to enable Reference transactions. If you have accounts at PayPal.com (and also an account at manager.paypal.com); where these accounts are connected to each other; Reference Transactions MUST be enabled in both places. It’s a vetted process, so you are required to contact PayPal MTS about this.

~ However, you ONLY need Recurring Billing service and Reference Transactions enabled IF you’re operating a PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) account; and only IF you’re charging customers on a recurring basis.

Important To Note:

All of these changes related to Payflow Express Checkout
(as detailed in this changelog entry); impact only ONE specific scenario.

– You have a PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) account.
– You charge your customers on a recurring basis.
– A customer chooses PayPal as their billing method during checkout.

No other part of s2Member’s integration with Payflow was modified in this release. Credit card transactions were not, and are not, impacted by this bug; or by this update.

Why do I need to contact PayPal MTS about Reference Transactions?

As noted above, s2Member now sets BILLINGTYPE=RecurringBilling; and we pass BAID=B-xxxxxx instead of passing TOKEN=xxxxxx. A `BAID` is a Billing Agreement ID; and this requires your account to have Reference Transactions enabled; in order to process Recurring Billing Profiles via Express Checkout.

Express Checkout is used whenever a customer chooses to use PayPal as their billing method. Reference Transactions (e.g. BAIDs) are not required to process credit card transactions. Only for Express Checkout via PayPal, where a customer has specifically chosen to pay you via PayPal.

Why BILLINGTYPE=RecurringBilling instead of BILLINGTYPE=RecurringPayments?

We do this because there is a bug (on the Payflow side of things) with BILLINGTYPE=RecurringPayments; which actually stems (in part) from the way PayPal enables Recurring Billing service under the Payflow Edition. They enable Recurring Billing (as opposed to Recurring Payments). Anyway, this is all quite confusing, and explaining this in full detail would require another dedicated article about PayPal’s naming conventions :-) We may publish more information on this in the s2Member KB over the next few days.

How To Resolve (Invalid/Expired TOKEN) during rebills.

• Upgrade to s2Member and s2Member Pro v130510+.
  • Call (or email) PayPal Merchant Technical Support (MTS). Ask them to enable Reference Transactions for your Payflow API Integration. You need to process Recurring Billing (Billing Agreements) via Express Checkout; and this requires Reference Transactions be enabled.

Rectifying Existing Recurring Payments profiles created via Payflow

All site owners that have collected Recurring Payments Profiles via Express Checkout (as opposed to Recurring Billing Profiles, are broken. If they wish to rectify this, they will need to contact PayPal MTS and request assistance. PayPal’s own API brought these in, yet they are unable to deal with them properly. The Invalid TOKEN error that occurs currently, will need to be resolved by PayPal MTS. The maintenance release of s2Member v130510 will only work around this issue for future transactions you process.

When/if you call PayPal MTS, you should explain the following.

I was processing Recurring Profiles through the Payflow API as BILLINGTYPE=RecurringPayments with a TOKEN; and Payflow keeps triggering the error Invalid/Expired TOKEN whenever rebills occur. What can I do?

My software vendor has since changed this, so we are now sending these through as BILLINGTYPE=RecurringBilling and we include a BAID as well. So this is resolved going forward. However, existing profiles remain broken. What can you do for me?

Note from s2Member:
At this time, the only solution we are aware of, is to contact PayPal MTS and ask them to correct the problem for you (from their end). Ask PayPal to convert these & create Billing Agreements for them, or to correct the error with expired TOKEN values related to BILLINGTYPE=RecurringPayments. We suggest calling PayPal MTS to discuss this.

Payflow Recurring Billing Profiles Don’t Show Up @ PayPal.com?

When you have a PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) account, Recurring Billing is handled via Payflow APIs (this is a PayPal standard, and NOT an s2Member standard). As a result, all Recurring Billing Profiles are maintained (i.e. viewable/editable) at manager.paypal.com. If you don’t have a PayPal Manager login, please contact PayPal MTS and request one.

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 9:07 am #49734
fpl
Username: ctl

Jason, you’re a STAR! (and I can only imagine the amount of efforts, patience, deep-breathing…)

Thanks to you all for the great support.

Just performed a test and man! how cool when it finally works…

What’s not working for me yet is the “Description” information, that remains blank everywhere (PayPal checkout page, receipts, vendor & customer account, Manager). Same for “Future payment”.

Is it something that remains to be fixed or something I’m missing?

Thanks again

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 12:09 pm #49744

Wp is asking for …. Your s2Member Pro Module must be updated to v130510+. Can’t find it on your site.

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 12:25 pm #49746
fpl

You’re not posting in the right place, Mike. I’m sorry to say that but it’s disruptive.

That said, when logged in here, just click on “My Account” and go to “My Product File Downloads”.

And if you have an answer to my question, don’t hesitate! :)

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 7:46 pm #49762

What’s not working for me yet is the “Description” information, that remains blank everywhere (PayPal checkout page, receipts, vendor & customer account, Manager). Same for “Future payment”.

fpl, I tried to login to your dashboard to check this again, but couldn’t. Could you submit the site’s info again? I’m guessing that the account you sent before may have been removed after this time. Let me know once you sent it please. Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 8:22 am #49812
fpl

Hi Cristián,

I just re-installed and sent you credentials via Private Contact Form. Server Scanner uploaded.

Made another test with logging enabled –> no joy.

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 8:12 pm #49892
fpl

The latest from PayPal MTS…

Recurring payments do not have descriptions, but you can change the Profile Name to be more descriptive. You can either pass over a description in the COMMENT1 or 2 parameters, or you could use the USER0 through USER10

“You mean there’s no way for the customer to see what he is about to purchase / has purchased?”

With the parameters I gave you will only show on your end. You would have to either create a description on your sites end either on the page before the payments are made or on the redirect/return page, or you could send a custom email from your system with a description using the parameters I gave you to pull from.

Seems unbelievable, no?

Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 7:41 am #50011
fpl

Any update on this subject?

Have you been confirmed that the “Description” and “Future payment” fields on the checkout page’s “Your order summary” are for decorative purposes only?

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 10:48 am #50075
fpl

Hey Cristián,

fpl, I tried to login to your dashboard to check this again, but couldn’t. Could you submit the site’s info again?

1. Have you done all the tests you wanted to do? I’d like to restore (and go live!) asap.

2. As we don’t seem to be nearing a solution, I’m seriously considering using a PayPal button for the subscriptions alongside Pro forms for one-off payments. Do you have any experience of that and / or suggestions?

3. Of course, I’d like to make it so that nobody has to create a PayPal account, which, as you know, requires ERP enabled with PP standard. What about ERP with PayPal Pro / PayFlow? This PayPal stuff is so darn confusing…

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted: Sunday May 19th, 2013 at 3:10 pm #50201

I have the same issue now, I had the reference api active on my paypal account but now paypal disabled it because I had a chargeback this week. Do you know anything I can do to bypass this and not only accept credit card payment when I have the option paypal on the proform..
THank you

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 9:54 pm #50521

Have you been confirmed that the “Description” and “Future payment” fields on the checkout page’s “Your order summary” are for decorative purposes only?

I think it’s best to continue this in the new thread you created for it. I’m just leaving this reply so others interested can follow it. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-order-summary-not-populating/#post-50477

I have the same issue now, I had the reference api active on my paypal account but now paypal disabled it because I had a chargeback this week. Do you know anything I can do to bypass this and not only accept credit card payment when I have the option paypal on the proform..

I’m not sure I understand your question, Mark-Andre. Could you please explain in more detail what you want to do and the problem you’re having? Thanks!

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 11:57 pm #50532

What I said, is that I’m not able to have the reference option on my paypal account.
So I cannot use the paypal option in my pro-form (annoying).
I cannot also use your shortcode of the paypal button, it doesn’t work on my theme, I don’t know why when the pro form work….
Now I created a paypal button from paypal and I have to create the user manually, it’s really not the best solution.
What can I do to help or repair that.
Thank you

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 7:43 pm #50580

Thanks for clarifying it.

I don’t know, the PayPal option in the pro-form is actually the only one that can’t be disabled. Maybe the theme is affecting the pro-forms and not just the buttons… Have you tried these to assess it? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

To use buttons from paypal.com that work with s2Member for paid signups, this guide will help: Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

Viewing 16 replies - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.