latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Express Checkout and s2Member

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Express Checkout and s2Member

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 6:55 pm #20571
cassel
Username: cassel

I am just pulling my hair now. I want to set up a Paypal Express Checkout. I am not even sure if i have it as i cannot figure out where it is. IN the list of pre-integrated carts/systems, s2Member is not listed (unless it is hiding under another name than s2Member), so i cannot use the pre-integrated setup.

Looking at the Custom integration, i am just turning in circle. Is there a simple way to integrate s2Member with Paypal Express Checkout or will i have to hire someone? The way i look on the Paypal site, it seems near impossible to do by “mortals”!

I did integrate Paypal regular account with s2Member without loosing sleep over it. Where should i look? I cannot find how to set it up, and i doubt s2Member is built to cause headaches to users! Please help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 7:38 am #20598

Hi Cassel.

I haven’t set up Express Checkout myself, but I logged in to my PayPal account looking for it and found it here: [hilite path]PayPal -> Merchant Tools -> Additional Payment Option[/hilite]. There they offer you to enable Express Checkout.

s2Member doesn’t have additional integration steps in the settings page for it to work with Express Checkout. Since you already set PayPal Standard already, you probably already have filled in all the necessary fields. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

Let me know if that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 8:01 am #20602
cassel

I cannot find Merchant Tools, i find Merchant Services. From there, i have Express Checkout, but that is the start of the nightmare as everything is turning in circles.

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 10:15 pm #20636

I see. Have you contacted PayPal support to help you activate Express Checkout for your account?

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 11:36 pm #20642
cassel

I have phoned customer support but the person was of no help at all. She said to contact tech support on Monday. It seems like it is supposed to be simple, yet it was a total waste of time. Navigation has always been painful in Paypal site, but now, it is ridiculous.

I guess i will call tomorrow.

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 12:19 am #20644

Yeah, I know well what you mean…

I hope the person you talk to tomorrow is more helpful and you get that sorted out without trouble. Let us know how it goes. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:57 am #20673
cassel

This is getting ridiculous. I called customer service again this morning, and apparently i was too early for tech support (they are based on the west coast and i am on the east coast). The customer service sent me to a totally different page that is, apparently, for developpers!
https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/getting-started-guides/express-checkout-api
I mean, they keep giving information on how to set up a Paypal button for express checkout. But that is NOT what i need!

When i end up figuring this thing out, i will let you know WHERE to go and you might want to include that in the s2M documentation (since s2M works with the Express Checkout, one might need to know how to configure it!)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:20 am #20676
cassel

Next step. Called back but i need to talk to an Integration support staff member (they are only opening in 2 hours). From what the Merchant service support staff (that is different from customer support) i need to enable Express Checkout IN MY SHOPPING CART PANEL. I kept telling her it is NOT a shopping cart, and it will accept it when it is enabled but it is not to be enabled on MY end, but on Paypal end.

Still nothing more. Got to wait another 2 hours to possibly get something more useful!

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 12:03 pm #20690
cassel

Finally, on the FIFTH call, i learned that Express Checkout was already enabled because… it automatically is set up as soon as you have a business account! Talk about a way to NOT be clear!

I had it enabled since before i used s2M!

Jason, in the documentation where s2M mentions the Express Checkout, maybe it can also mention that if one has a business account, they dont need to do ANYTHING else to have it. It does not have to be enabled in any way… it already is.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 3:08 am #20739
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update! PayPal’s site and information is definitely convoluted, so I feel your pain. I will recommend to Jason that he add a note about this in the next maintenance release.

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 4:28 pm #21049
Staff Member

@cassel

Thanks! Yes, I will have that taken care of.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.