latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal® Express for PayPal® Pro user

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal® Express for PayPal® Pro user

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 5:35 pm #15722
bob mane
Username: bobmane

*PayPal® Express Checkout Limitations* If you decide NOT to acquire a PayPal® Pro account, and instead integrate ONLY with PayPal® Express Checkout, please understand the following limitation. PayPal® Express Checkout is intended to facilitate payments for PayPal® account owners and/or Customers willing to signup for PayPal® during checkout. It is NOT possible for a Customer to go through PayPal® Express Checkout without having and/or acquiring a PayPal® account, regardless of the transaction type ( i.e. Buy Now functionality is no exception to this rule ). This is because PayPal® Express Checkout is really intended for Customers that *prefer* to pay with PayPal®. So although it’s possible to integrate Pro Forms without a PayPal® Pro account, we recommend that you acquire a PayPal® Pro account, so that you can accept credit cards on-site, and then offer PayPal® Express Checkout to Customers that *prefer* to pay with PayPal®. That’s the way s2Member Pro Forms are designed to work, in an ideal fashion.

PayPal express checkouts i have seen does also say:

Don’t have a PayPal account?
Pay with your debit or credit card as a PayPal guest

IF you are a pro user who is using express…shouldn’t it work like that here?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:57 pm #15726
Matthew
Username: beyonddesign

I need the answer to this too…I talked with PayPal and they say that the s2member plugin needs to pass a variable to Paypal API of

solutiontype=”Sole”

In order to enable the guest checkout option and not force the customer to create an account.

s2member, please fix this! I have a developer copy of s2member and haven’t been able to accept credit cards for 3 months now because of this.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:04 pm #15727
Matthew

For more clarification…I have already used Paypal Pro Forms and had customers checking out on my site. Trouble is, I had very high amounts of fraud. When I checked myself, I found that s2member doesn’t confirm billing info and also the CVV field isn’t checked as I entered a fake one and was able to use my card no problem. That’s why I switched to only accept=”paypal” but it doesn’t give the option for guest checkout even if I enter “accept-via-paypal” with different options like visa, mastercard, etc.

I need this to allow for guest checkout.

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 10:25 am #15784
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

PayPal express checkouts i have seen does also say:

Don’t have a PayPal account?
Pay with your debit or credit card as a PayPal guest

IF you are a pro user who is using express…shouldn’t it work like that here?

If you’re using s2Member Pro-Forms with a PayPal Express account that also allows buyers to pay without a PayPal account, it works the same way from s2Member’s perspective. The user clicks the Checkout with PayPal button on the s2Member Pro-Form and gets redirected to PayPal. Once on PayPal, the user can either login with the PayPal account or click the “Don’t have a PayPal account?” button to pay with a credit card on PayPal’s website. (If you have PayPal Pro instead of PayPal Express, the user can pay with a credit card on your site.)

I talked with PayPal and they say that the s2member plugin needs to pass a variable to Paypal API of

solutiontype=”Sole”

In order to enable the guest checkout option and not force the customer to create an account.

s2member, please fix this! I have a developer copy of s2member and haven’t been able to accept credit cards for 3 months now because of this.

Matthew, what type of PayPal account do you have? Also, are you using the s2Member Pro-Forms or the PayPal buttons? I have personally had no problem checking out via PayPal using s2Member and then being able to choose “Don’t have a PayPal account?”. I’ll send a message to the lead developer to see if he can offer any insight.

I found that s2member doesn’t confirm billing info and also the CVV field isn’t checked as I entered a fake one and was able to use my card no problem. That’s why I switched to only accept=”paypal” but it doesn’t give the option for guest checkout even if I enter “accept-via-paypal” with different options like visa, mastercard, etc.

Confirming billing info and CVV only works if you’re using PayPal Pro. If you’re not using PayPal Pro, you shouldn’t be showing the credit card options on the Pro-Forms. Please see the note below from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Quick Start Guide:

*PayPal® Pro is NOT Absolutely Required* s2Member is very flexible. It is now possible to integrate Pro Forms without a PayPal® Pro account, whereby the enhanced Form Shortcodes that s2Member provides can be integrated ONLY with PayPal® Express Checkout. In other words, if you get declined for PayPal® Pro service, you can still use s2Member Pro Forms. Ask PayPal® to activate Express Checkout for you. ( it’s free ). Once Express Checkout is enabled, you will have access to your PayPal® API Credentials. Log into your PayPal® account, and navigate to Profile -> API Access (or Request API Credentials). You’ll choose ( Request API Signature ). Now … here is the tricky part; whenever you generate a Pro Form Shortcode with s2Member, be sure to change accept=”paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo” to just accept=”paypal”; thereby excluding the on-site credit card processing functionality; which is available only with PayPal® Pro.

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #15807
bob mane
Username: bobmane

If you’re using s2Member Pro-Forms with a PayPal Express account that also allows buyers to pay without a PayPal account, it works the same way from s2Member’s perspective. The user clicks the Checkout with PayPal button on the s2Member Pro-Form and gets redirected to PayPal. Once on PayPal, the user can either login with the PayPal account or click the “Don’t have a PayPal account?” button to pay with a credit card on PayPal’s website. (If you have PayPal Pro instead of PayPal Express, the user can pay with a credit card on your site.)

ok this is important because it could save me 60 a month to paypal. if i can use the pro forms, use buttons, sell subscriptions , membership and do them recurring and one time + use conditionals it doesn’t sound woth 60 a month for pro + pro recurring to pp

If you’re not using PayPal Pro, you shouldn’t be showing the credit card options on the Pro-Forms

then we should have option to show user that they will be able to use cc once on pp (a simple multi-cc + pp image)
gow to swap images on forms?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  bob mane.
Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 3:11 pm #15825
Matthew

RAAM,

I have PayPal Pro. It should have worked but it did not. The only reason I went to the express checkout was because I was having a ton of people making fraudulent purchases using other people’s credit cards. It was costing me a ton of money because in addition to the refund I got charged $20 each time.

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 12:25 am #15892
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

@ Raam @ Bob Mane

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was completely unaware of this flag. So I appreciate the heads up! I’m having s2Member Pro updated for this in the next maintenance release, and we’ll push that out asap. Most likely tomorrow afternoon.

SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole
LANDINGPAGE=Billing

Please note however, this will ONLY work for one-time payments (i.e. Buy Now transactions). It does NOT work for anything that takes advantage of Recurring Billing. See this post from PayPal for further details: https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/forums/express-checkout/solutiontype-sole

In other words, this will ONLY work if you have rr="BN" in your PayPal Pro Form Shortcode. To clarify further, anything listed as a “Subscription” in the Pro Form Generator, will make use of the PayPal Recurring Billing API. So if you want to allow PayPal Guest checkout via Express Checkout, it has to be a Buy Now transaction.

In addition, this flag does NOT work for the Payflow edition of Express Checkout. However, that’s of less concern, since s2Member only associates Payflow with Recurring Billing, and this does not work with Recurring Billing.

Other considerations…

For this to work as expected, please enable “PayPal Account Optional”… inside your PayPal® account.
See: PayPal Account -> Profile -> Website Payment Preferences -> PayPal Account Optional

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 12:34 am #15895
Staff Member

Regarding CVV verification.

s2Member Pro passes these details over to PayPal, and the pass/fail status of this data, is determined by your fraud control settings inside your PayPal Pro account. Sometimes referred to as Risk Controls.

See: PayPal Account -> Profile -> Security Settings (Or Payment receiving preferences).

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 11:27 pm #16032

This is now in today’s release of s2Member 120608.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.