latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Instant Payment Notification – HELP

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Instant Payment Notification – HELP

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:53 am #33565
Zechariah
Username: ctabor1

GOT THIS FROM PAYPAL… (So, I called PPPro… he said it was something to with my hosting… So, I called Host Gator… they didn’t know… couldn’t find anything in the system… confirmed my url and ssl, etc., although at first thought it was conflict with GiftCardCafe we have integrated elsewhere, and uses standard PP API… but that doesn’t have anything to do with this url having S2 in it. So, Host Gator also no help.)

In testing, all “seemed” to be fine… although I am not the Developer.. Can you tell me where to look first?
(FYI, I really wish your install on WP had a search feature… (have the Pro level version)… can never remember where to find stuff)… (also… happy to give you in log in credentials to help resolve, but need to know where to send them privately)… Thank you…

Here is the PP email:
Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://pursuitathleticperformance.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.
Thanks,
PayPal

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:11 pm #33588
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Christine,

That looks like the correct PayPal IPN URL for s2Member. If, however, GiftCardCafe is set up to use the same PayPal account, this could cause issues. This URL will have queries sent from both GiftCardCafe, AND s2Member, which could cause the IPN URL for s2Member to fail some of the time.

Note that s2Member will pass the correct return URL every time a user uses a Pro Form or PayPal button. Therefore you could set up your PayPal IPN to work with GiftCardCafe and it shouldn’t affect the way s2Member works. This is what I would recommend.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 5:51 am #33677

IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://pursuitathleticperformance.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1

That’s weird, because the URL looks correct I was just able to load it. I’ve seen it happen that sometimes the server blocks PayPal because of an IP restriction or something like that. You may want to check with your host if they could look at the logs to find if anyone trying to access that address was blocked.

Also, you may want to try this server check tool, just in case it comes up with something. http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/ Upload the PHP file to your WP directory and load it in your browser, please.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.