latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal IPN error-checkout OK, no user created

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal IPN error-checkout OK, no user created

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  T C 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 7th, 2013 at 2:02 pm #60200
T C
Username: tc2013

Hi S2Member team,

I have S2Member set up with bbpress 2.3.2 and the Salutation theme (made for bbpress/buddypress integration). I’ve been able to create a functional Paypal button for my 1 membership level (level 4) and have checked out without any issues, however there is no user account (and consequently, no email confirmation etc.) created upon successful Paypal checkout.

Currently I’m running the installation on a non-root directory – e.g. domain.com/mysite/ instead of domain.com/ – not sure if that makes a difference.

My Paypal IPN log shows a conflict, and I wanted to see if you could help me figure this out:

‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘IPN received on: Mon Oct 7, 2013 1:58:56 pm UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.’,
2 => ‘s2Member originating domain (

$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]

) validated.’,
3 => ‘s2Member

txn_type

identified as (

subscr_eot|recurring_payment_expired|recurring_payment_suspended_due_to_max_failed_payment

) – or –

recurring_payment_profile_cancel

w/

initial_payment_status

(

failed

).’,
4 => ‘Sleeping for 5 seconds. Waiting for a possible (

subscr_signup|subscr_modify|recurring_payment_profile_created

).’,
5 => ‘Awake. It’s Mon Oct 7, 2013 1:59:01 pm UTC. s2Member

txn_type

identified as (

subscr_eot|recurring_payment_expired|recurring_payment_suspended_due_to_max_failed_payment

) – or –

recurring_payment_profile_cancel

w/

initial_payment_status

(

failed

).’,
6 => ‘Skipping this IPN response, for now. The Subscr. ID is not associated with a registered Member.’,
7 => ‘Re-generating. This IPN will go into a Transient Queue; and be re-processed during registration.’,
),
‘subscr_gateway’ => ‘paypal’,
‘period1’ => ‘0 D’,
‘period3’ => ‘1 D’,
‘ip’ => ”,
)

I’d be happy to provide login credentials to support if they can take a look. Thanks!
-TC

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 7th, 2013 at 4:12 pm #60201
@tc2013

Currently I’m running the installation on a non-root directory – e.g. domain.com/mysite/ instead of domain.com/ – not sure if that makes a difference.

No, that should not make a difference.

This line in your log file:

Skipping this IPN response, for now. The Subscr. ID is not associated with a registered Member.

This indicates a problem farther up the chain of events. For s2Member to skip a response like this, it means there never was a paid Subscr. ID associated with a user’s account when the first IPN came in with a txn_type that would indicate a new sale should be recorded.

So the first thing I would do is look over any other IPNs associated with the transaction. Look for what may have failed before this one did (and any messages from s2Member recorded in those previous failures). This particular failure you posted (in and of itself) is not enough to go on I’m afraid.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 8th, 2013 at 11:05 am #60217
T C

Thanks Mike! I really appreciate the response. Below is the txn_type and subscr_id info from further up in the log, can you help me figure out what I might have configured wrong here?

‘txn_type’ => ‘subscr_eot’,
‘subscr_id’ => ‘I-W58KU9V1THE7’,
‘last_name’ => ‘LastName’,
‘option_selection1’ => ”,
‘option_selection2’ => ”,

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:26 am #60424
T C

still unresolved – account created without the free trial period, but not with it.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  T C.
Posted: Thursday Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:32 am #60425
T C

Also did the server scan and had one potential conflict/problem – would this be the cause potentially? As I noted before, the site is located at mywebsite.com/directory/ versus the root (mywebsite.com)

[ERROR] cURL Extension / Or fopen() URL
One or more HTTP connection tests failed against localhost.
Cannot connect to self over HTTP — possible DNS resolution issue.
Can’t connect to: http://mywebsite.com

In order to run s2Member®, your installation of PHP needs one of the following…
• Either the cURL extension for remote communication via PHP (plus the OpenSSL extension for PHP).
• Or, set: allow_url_fopen = on in your php.ini file (and enable the OpenSSL extension for PHP).
Please consult with your web hosting company about this message. See also: WordPress recommended hosting platforms.
[NOTICE] WordPress® Memory Limit
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you raise your WordPress® memory limit (please set: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php), to at least 64M (i.e. 64 megabytes). Please see: this how-to article. Or consult with your web hosting company about this message. Your current memory limit allows only: 40M
[NOTICE] WordPress® Home/Site URLs
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that your WordPress® installation be configured with a matching HOST name. This can be changed in the Dashboard, under: WordPress -> Settings -> General -> WordPress/Site URLs. Your current configuration does NOT match: mywebsite.com

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.