latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal not taking payment

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal not taking payment

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:04 pm #51772

Hi there,

I am using the following code:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="Joining Fee and Recurring Yearly Membership to Social Events 4 Singles" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="socialevents4singles.co.uk" ta="149.00" tp="1" tt="Y" ra="129.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="" captcha="1" /]

When filling out the form and going to paypal, I noticed there is no amount in the description:
http://screencast.com/t/xUAMs2O2cS (this is with a coupon, but same occurs without a coupon)

In paypal I see this:
http://screencast.com/t/W7J15Z9fMv4w

Now the site is live, need to make sure its working properly. Could you tell me what the problem maybe?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 1:47 pm #51775

In addition to this. How can we change the descriptin that goes to paypal when applying a coupon?

It seems like we can’t?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:22 am #51815

When filling out the form and going to paypal, I noticed there is no amount in the description

s2Member uses the description you entered in the shortcode. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> desc[/hilite]

http://screencast.com/t/xUAMs2O2cS (this is with a coupon

That description does mention the amount, but it looks like PayPal is cutting it after a ceratin number of characters. I’ll ask Jason about it.

How can we change the descriptin that goes to paypal when applying a coupon?

No, there isn’t an interface for this yet. You’d have to customize the code to achieve this.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 7:08 pm #51841

Thanks – do update me as site is now live…and can’t afford for this not to be working..

Thanks

Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:37 pm #51902

Ive reduced the number of characters in the description, and Paypal still doesn’t take payment for the intiall amount (but does create the recurring profile).

As mentioned, i would need this fixed asap as people are visiting the site, and could potentially join without making payment.

Thanks

Posted: Friday Jun 14th, 2013 at 6:45 am #51946

As mentioned, i would need this fixed asap as people are visiting the site, and could potentially join without making payment.

Well, I can suggest a couple of things to do:

– Enable logging: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

– Do a test purchase for 1 cent to see if you’re charged as the customer, if you get paid as the business, if you get the Signup Confirmation email from s2Member, if you can register at the paid access.

If there’s any problem in the process, the log files will help us find what the problem may be, but right now we’re not sure if there’s a problem with the payment from what I understood in your post.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.