latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal pay without account not working

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal pay without account not working

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 5:08 am #54386

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 9:15 pm #54421

I’m not seeing any errors on that page. Short of doing a test transaction, I’m not sure that I understand what the problem is yet. Can you detail for me what errors you receive? Have you enabled logging in s2Member® and looked at those errors in the log file to see what additional detail there is?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 4:12 am #54464

Hi Mike,

Sorry I should have made it clear. The payment works but I wanted to have the option for subscribers to pay with their card (through PayPal) without having a PayPal account. The checkout process works fine but when I get to the payment part of PayPal it only has 2 options. 1. Pay with PayPal account 2. Setup PayPal account.

Hope that makes sense? Thanks,

Tyron

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 8:29 am #54485

Thank you. Can you post the underlying s2Member Shortcode that you’ve used for that Pro Form please?

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 4:12 pm #54655

Hi Mike,

Thanks for looking into this. The shortcode I have used is:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="3" ccaps="" desc="BizBytes 1-year Subscription: £2.00 (+VAT if applicable)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.bizbytestraining.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="2.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 11:18 pm #54719

Sorry I should have made it clear. The payment works but I wanted to have the option for subscribers to pay with their card (through PayPal) without having a PayPal account. The checkout process works fine but when I get to the payment part of PayPal it only has 2 options. 1. Pay with PayPal account 2. Setup PayPal account.

You will need to use a Pro Form that’s been integrated with PayPal Pro; where you can accept credit card payments on-site. Or, you can use a PayPal Button and charge on a Buy Now basis.

NOTE: The PayPal Express Checkout service, which is what’s integrated into an s2Member® Pro Form (this is required by PayPal); will not allow a customer to pay with a credit card under any circumstance. This is because PayPal Express Checkout is designed specifically for customers that “prefer” to pay with PayPal as opposed to paying via credit card on your site.

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 8:57 am #54768

OK thanks for the info Mike.

If I make it a Buy Now button can I still keep the signup forms that I currently have? I need to capture the data I currently have as that determines if they pay tax or not and gives them access for 1 year. If I have a buy it now button will it give me the option to limit them to a year’s access?

Thanks,

Tyron

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 5:27 pm #54786

If I make it a Buy Now button can I still keep the signup forms that I currently have?

No, Buttons are designed for offsite checkout at PayPal.com.

If I have a buy it now button will it give me the option to limit them to a year’s access?

Yes, you can configure a Button in this way from the Dashboard.

I recommend that you obtain a PayPal Pro account and setup Pro Forms as they were intended to be used.
Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Quick Start Guide

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.