latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Pro Does Work in Australia!

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Pro Does Work in Australia!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  George Fourie 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 6:26 pm #32167

I see this thread is closed so just wanted to create one here to inform all the Aussies:

https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-pro-not-available-in-australia/

Paypal Pro does work in Australia.

I have an account setup and accepting payments just fine (recurring as well)

I had to ask for them to activate a Payflow account for recurring to work, but everything is working 100%.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 3:10 am #32207

That is awesome news, George! Thank you for the update! :)

I wonder when they changed that, we didn’t know.

So you have a PayPal Pro account that uses the PayFlow API, right? It’s not a PayFlow Pro account, right? s2Member doesn’t integrate with PayFlow Pro yet.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 3:24 am #32209

Correct, it’s a Paypal Pro account. I’ve had it for about 4 months now actually. But to have the recurring work, you do need to ask them to activate Payflow.

I thought this would be extra but it was included fortunately. Not sure if they’ve changed that though.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 3:47 am #32212

That’s awesome. It’ll make a ton of Aussies happy. :)

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 3:54 am #32219

You Bet!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 2:32 pm #32267
Chase Rief
Username: riefmedia

WOW! This is great news! Did you have to do anything special to get the PayPal Pro account in Australia? Is it listed in your paypal account? Thanks for the update – this is big news.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 6:26 pm #32287

It doesn’t look like it should require any special process to have PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition in Australia now: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/howto_product_matrix :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 1:36 am #32309

@Chase it does take a while to get and work through their procedures, so you have to be patient in the process.

They do all the standard checks that get done when anyone applies for a merchant account. But they were really helpful even had a technician call me to make sure I got everything setup correctly.

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:55 pm #32650
Chase Rief

@George – Thanks for your response. My client has the PayFlow Pro and then just signed up for a PayPal account. Since I need to enter the credentials for both the paypal account and payflow – do you know if they need to be linked? Right now it’s still sending me to the paypal checkout page. Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:26 am #32686

My client has the PayFlow Pro and then just signed up for a PayPal account.

s2Member doesn’t integrate with PayFlow Pro yet. It integrates with PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition. Please make sure that your client has the right type of account, or the s2Member integration won’t work. Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:28 pm #32746
Chase Rief

@George – Sorry for being so dense as this is causing me a lot of headaches and I have not been able to find the answers easily.

My client has the correct account – They said Paypal Payflow pro is the same as Paypal Pro Payflow Edition.

I have put their Paypal info into the PayPal Account details section. I have also put the PayFlow information in.

They just created a paypal account since they were not given one with their payflow info. Are the two accounts linked meaning, is your paypal email connected to your payflow somehow?

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:30 pm #32747

Hey Chase, yes my Paypal Pro account is linked to my Payflow. I first only had a Paypal Pro account, then I realized I couldnt accept recurring payments, so I went back to them and they had to activate Payflow for that to work.

Sounds like yours was done the other way round? I’m sure it”s the same then..

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 7:12 am #32763

My client has the correct account – They said Paypal Payflow pro is the same as Paypal Pro Payflow Edition.

They are not the same: PayFlow Pro is one thing, PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition is another.

I suggest that you ask the client to let you see for yourself. PayPal can be confusing for us, much more to clients. And the client may be convinced about what he’s telling you, but you’d do well to verify it.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 9:02 am #32773

The two are separate but link up some how. I think that Payflow only really matters for recurring payments (I Could be wrong, but Paypal Pro worked perfectly without it, I just couldnt accept recurring payments)

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 9:49 pm #33404
Chase Rief

@George – I want to thank you again for all your help. You’ve helped more than any PayPal person I’ve spoken to (and it has been a lot!).

Anyways, after getting our accounts “linked” it was still giving me a paypal error (Error #10501. Invalid Configuration. This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.)

I emailed paypal and they’re saying that again I have the wrong account and that I need to apply for the: Hosted Sole Solution: https://www.paypal-australia.com.au/business/accept-payments/accept-payments-on-your-website/hss

Is that what you have? We already have a PayFlow account but they’re saying that I need this and it will take two-weeks to apply and get setup.

Any help you can give is appreciated – thanks – Chase

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 2:46 am #33417

Hi Chase,

yes that’s the one for $25 per month. It takes a while to get approved, but it’s worth it and they’ll put you in touch with the right people personally. So you won’t need to do anymore running around finding help from clueless staff.

Curious, what are you paying for the Payflow account?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.