latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro form – No Amount on Checkout

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro form – No Amount on Checkout

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Donna Bungard 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 9:11 am #55574

I have paypal pro forms set up with a standard paypal account. I have customized the papal pro forms based on level etc. However when you reach the end of the form and click the button, when you get to paypal the charge amount does not appear. If I create a standard button the amount shows in paypal correctly. How do I get the form’s button to work correctly.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 11:13 am #55579

This is my code – generated via s2member but changed to accept the CCs in Paypal but not on the site itself.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="3" ccaps="" desc="Membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="URL.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="350" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" accept="paypal" /]
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:54 am #55663

Could you show us a screenshot of what it looks like in PayPal after you click the PayPal Express Checkout button in the pro-form?

Have you tried completing the checkout to see if the charge is actually successful? You can do a 1 cent test.

Could you try these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 8:59 am #55895

I’m sorry – I wasn’t emailed you had replied.

I had looked through the troubleshooting tips but will look again.

Here is the screen shot.

Thank you – we are anxious to get this wrapped up!!

Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 8:01 pm #55953

If you want a charge amount to show up on the PayPal® checkout form you will need to use Buy Now functionality in your s2Member® PayPal Pro Form instead of recurring billing.

Your current Pro Form is configured to charge on a recurring basis, and that’s why there is no specific amount listed on the PayPal side of things. The amount is displayed on your site (based on the desc="" attribute in your shortcode); and this is shown to the customer before they ever get to PayPal.

To clarify, with PayPal Express Checkout and recurring billing, the PP interface will not display a specific amount, because the Express Checkout routine is really just establishing a billing agreement between you and the buyer. The amount that you’re charging in a case like this, should be displayed to the customer before you send them to PayPal. Normally this is accomplished in the desc="" attribute of your Pro Form Shortcode.

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:48 am #56028

Hi There

That worked!! Thank you

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.