latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Pro Form not working after move

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Pro Form not working after move

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 12:48 pm #45666

So I just moved my membership site from a standalone installation into a multisite installation and am having a couple of issues.

Paypal pro forms no longer seem to work properly. I fill in all my details and checkout with paypal, I am taken to the paypal checkout page and hit confirm. I am then returned to the signup page without any kind of message. The user account isn’t setup and the payment hasn’t been processed.

If I try to use a payment system other than paypal i get this message:
Error #10501. Invalid Configuration. This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

I did a little googling and apparently paypal pro needs to be enabled on my paypal account in order for other payment types to work – even though they seemed to be working fine prior to the move.

I tried using a button instead of the form and it worked fine.

The membership site isn’t the main site. Is that likely to cause any issues?

This was all working fine before I moved the site.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:24 am #45762

Hi Christian.

I did a little googling and apparently paypal pro needs to be enabled on my paypal account in order for other payment types to work – even though they seemed to be working fine prior to the move.

If you don’t have PayPal Pro, the pro-form will only work with the PayPal (Express Checkout) option for payments, the others are to get paid on your site, which requires PayPal Pro. Knowledge Base » PayPal® Services / A Quick Comparison

The membership site isn’t the main site. Is that likely to cause any issues?

Yes, you should use the pro-form shortcode in the blog where s2Member will be managing the account with paid access. s2Member doesn’t work across sites yet.

If you use the PayPal Standard buttons, though, for new signups (not upgrades of existing accounts) you may be able to use them outside, but not with a shortcode. Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 1:16 pm #45802

The shortcodes are being used on the same site as the one that manages the members. It’s just that site is not the main site of the multisite installation. I don’t need it to work across the sites as all the membership stuff is on the membership sub site.

I’ve disabled the other payment options on the pro form. Still no closer to resolving my issue though. As I said before I can fill in the form and complete the paypal checkout but when I do I just end up back on the signup page without any error messages. So it seems like something is going wrong on the return from paypal.

I just had a dig through the logs and can see that someone made a couple of failed attempts to sign up this morning.

Really hoping you can resolve this or I’m going to have to move the site back to a standalone installation… Which would be a massive pain.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 9:24 am #45864

Could you please submit your site’s info so I take a look at the logs? Please include the URL of the page where the pro-form is. Let me know when you sent it, please. Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 10:30 am #45873

I just sent you the message. Realised I forgot to add the link to the pro form page after I sent it.
The link is: http://www.raindance.org/premium/get-premium

I was doing tests with the form on this page: https://www.raindance.org/premium/test-250313

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 7:25 am #46127

Thanks, got your email.

I did a test purchase from /premium/test-250313 and everything seems to have gone well. I checked out with Express Checkout, was returned to the site to the page you specified in the success attribute, I got the Signup Confirmation email, as well as the New User email.

I’m not sure what is not working here. Could you give me a step-by-step to reproduce the problem you’re having?

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 12:19 pm #46714

I just did a test and it seemed to work for me too. Strange. Maybe it just needed time to settle. I’ve tentatively put the forms back on the site. I’ll let you know if they act up again.

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 9:53 am #46751

I’m glad it didn’t give you trouble either. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.