latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro Form not working

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro Form not working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 40 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 4:58 am #43742
Lewis Smith
Username: padoc

We have a blog at http://panicattacksdoc.com and everything has been working fine up until now.

At the minute, however, the pro form is not working correctly. The styling seems to be all wrong and things that I have not included such as coupons and so on are appearing when they shouldn’t. It’s causing us some serious problems.

I’d really appreciate some help with this. The sign up page is http://panicattacksdoc.com/sign-up

Thanks in advance for your help.

p.s. you may encounter some problems visiting the site today as we are having our ssl cert moved and the IP could change.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 10:25 am #43782
Lewis Smith

Anyone there? Really need some help quickly if that’s ok?????

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 12:25 pm #43886
Lewis Smith

Need your help s2member…. I know you’re having a hard time of it so I have been trying to sort this out myself but to no avail. To help you assist me here is what I have discovered.

The css and javascript files are not loading. s2member-o.php is returning the root directory /wp-content/wp-load.php which is wrong because that particular file is in the root of the wordpress directory.

Please get back to me as soon as you can. I need to get this up and running yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 12:56 pm #43888
Lewis Smith

sorry I meant wordpress directory /wp-content/plugins/wp-load.php

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 7:24 pm #43916
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Lewis,

First things first. Could you please try these common trouble shooting tips (all of them):
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Thanks! :)

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 3:27 am #43935
Lewis Smith

Hi Eduan, thanks for the reply. I’ve been through all that and scoured the forums for similar problems. That’s where I found out that the css and js files weren’t loading. It was a problem with a plugin for that particular user. I’ve disabled plugins and went through them all one by one to no avail.

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 3:28 am #43936
Lewis Smith

I also ran the server php and there was nothing wrong. I’ve reinstalled s2member several times now also.

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 9:04 am #43952

Hi Lewis.

It looks like something is causing s2Member to determine the WP directory incorrectly. This is not something I’ve seen before, so it seems particular to your installation. It’s most probably a plugin or theme conflict.

Did you try deactivating every other plugin and using the default theme? Refresh the pro-form page, do you still have the problem? If not, then add back one by one those things you removed and reload the pro-form page after each to see if the problem returned.

Or as a test, install a separate copy of WordPress and add only s2Member, generate a pro-form shortcode and add it to a page. Can you reproduce the problem there?

Posted: Sunday Mar 10th, 2013 at 8:14 am #44201
Lewis Smith

Hi Cristian, the problem still exists when I turn off all plugins and use the twenty twelve theme. It’s a very bizarre thing. I really need this to be working soon. It’s coming into nearly a week of this and it’s going to be very damaging to sales.

Posted: Sunday Mar 10th, 2013 at 8:27 am #44202
Lewis Smith

We had briefly installed wordpress mu but we’ve reverted back to the single site.

Posted: Sunday Mar 10th, 2013 at 8:44 am #44204
Lewis Smith

Sorry multisite not wordpress mu.

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 9:57 am #44254
Lewis Smith

Any updates guys? I’m beyond frustrated now. Need your help badly.

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 3:58 pm #44277
Lewis Smith

Hi s2Member….. I hate to be a pain but this has not been resolved yet and it will be a week tomorrow. I realise you are very busy but our website is losing income every day and I need a resolution soon please.

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 10:47 pm #44301
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Lewis,

Could you please fill the private contact form, giving Cristian and Jason login access to your website, it will be necessary to be able to solve your problem. :)
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Also, if possible could you please share your directory tree from wp-content so that I may also provide the help I can? Thanks!

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 7:36 am #44350
Lewis Smith

Message away. Thanks for all your help with this. I really need it. Here’s the contents of wp-content

62d101648a-backups
808bbbedbb-backups
b2da909d2e-backups
backup-db
blogs
cache
d3de7ec53d-backups
extensions
logs
plugins
sedlex
themes
upgrade
uploads
w3tc-config
advanced-cache.php
index.php
w3-total-cache-config.php
wp-cache-config.php

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 4:47 pm #44535

Thanks, got the email.

Hi Cristian, the problem still exists when I turn off all plugins and use the twenty twelve theme. It’s a very bizarre thing. I really need this to be working soon. It’s coming into nearly a week of this and it’s going to be very damaging to sales.

I’m looking at your plugins and there are 39 active. Did you deactivate them all to test for conflicts? If that’s not possible, could you install a test WordPress in a separate directory and add s2Member only to test this?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:25 pm #44540
Lewis Smith

Hi Cristian, yeah I did deactivate all plugins and used the twenty twelve theme and still had the problem. My thinking is that it has something to do with moving back from a multisite setup to a single site setup. I don’t know enough about these things to suggest more. I looked through the database to see if there was anything there but I’m not well enough versed in these things to have spotted much.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:37 pm #44541

I see. Thanks for confirming the plugins/theme deactivation. Did you try a separate clean installation of WordPress to try reproducing the problem?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:38 pm #44542
Lewis Smith

I’m looking at that now though to be honest I’m terrified of wrecking the site. My partner has done a lot of work, as have I on it. Making backups as I type.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:41 pm #44543

Always good to make backups.

I meant making a separate installation for the test, not replacing the current one. And if one in a separate directory still has the problem, I’d try in a different webhost account, because there may be something in the current one causing this.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:48 pm #44544
Lewis Smith

I’m at that now. It’s 10pm here but I’m gonna keep at this while I have you….lol.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:49 pm #44548
Lewis Smith

Still working at it. Made a bit of a mess but clearing it up now.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 7:05 pm #44552
Lewis Smith

Hi Cristian. Did that and the same thing is happening????? We never had a problem before and we haven’t changed hosts.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 7:06 pm #44553
Lewis Smith

Started happening after ssl was installed.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 7:51 pm #44555
Lewis Smith

Have to stop and get some sleep… it’s almost midnight. If you have any other ideas then please let me know. I will contact hostgator tomorrow to see if they can do anything on their end.

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 4:14 am #44579

Started happening after ssl was installed.

With the HTTPS plugin in your test installation? Or you mean the server?

Have you tried deactivating the HTTPS plugin you have? With s2Member you can force a pro-form page to be served securely. Pre Sale FAQs » Do I need an SSL certificate to use PayPal® Pro or Authorize.Net®?

If it’s the SSL in the server, I’d ask the webhost about it… And have you tested in an account without the SSL cert?

I’ll ask Jason too.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.