latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Pro form 'State' field mandatory?

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Pro form 'State' field mandatory?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 5:45 pm #12523

Hi. I read the thread about removing Paypal form fields at http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/removing-fields-from-the-pro-forms/. However, I have a similar question that I do not see being mentioned.

I have foreign customers who cannot bypass the State/Province field. While you state in the above mentioned thread the most countries have to have a province of some sort, this is not actually true. A lot of countries even in Europe do not use that in addresses so they would not know what to enter there.

My question is that is there a way to configure the form so this field is NOT mandatory for foreign addresses? In other words, if somebody from Austria is trying to pay, when he changes the country from US to Austria, the State field should not be mandatory.

Is there a way to do that? If not, what is a person supposed to enter there and how will he know what to enter there?

thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 4:51 am #12559

Kinga, the thing is that that’s what the PayPal API requires, as Jason explained in that thread.

He also suggests to change the label for the field into some other description that makes more sense for your customers. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/removing-fields-from-the-pro-forms/#post-11938

I hope that helps.

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 10:03 am #12589

Thanks for the reply. Changing the description will not change the nature of the field – it still will be mandatory. So how should a person from a non-state country be able to bypass that field?

Regarding paypal – we have another site with a store and paypal does not make that field mandatory if a person is from outside the US. WE have not had a problem with foreign customers. But we have with the S2Member plug-in and its interface with Paypal so the restriction must be in S2Member and not Paypal.

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 7:19 pm #12620

PayPal is a company, not a single service, they have several products/services and, sadly, are not consistent between them. Their store is obviously integrated in a way that doesn’t use their API, which is what s2Member has to use, and the API requires it. Jason is aware of many of these discrepancies and problems, and is doing his best to smooth out as many as possible, but this is a limitation of their API and there’s only so much that can be done. :/

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 3:07 pm #12814

Thanks.

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 4:07 pm #12826

Sure.

As we manage to improve these, they’ll be added to new releases and you’ll see them mentioned in the changelog.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.