latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Pro Form terms within level

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Pro Form terms within level

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 2:02 am #4270

Hello,

I have only one level of access (Level 1) for which I want to charge a monthly fee or discounted quarterly fee or discounted yearly fee; say $4.95/mo or $12.95/quarter or $49.95/yr.

On the Paypal site they have a nifty “Subscribe button” with a drop down menu I can configure to choose $4.95/monthly or $49.95/yearly.

Ideally, I would like a drop down menu with all three options, but I will make use of the two option Paypal “Subscribe” button if I have to.

Is there any way to configure the Pro Forms Shortcode to give a Subscriber the three payment options or do I have to generate three shortcodes?

I really like the Paypal “Subscribe” button but it only has the monthly and yearly option. Is there any way of adding a the quarterly option to the Paypal button?

What are my options? Any suggestions on how to get the Pro Forms Shortcode to be an all in one drop down menu subscribe form?

Thanks for your time.

Bill

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:35 pm #4534
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bill,

There isn’t an easy way to accomplish this using the Pro Forms shortcodes. If you really want to use the Pro Forms shortcodes, the only solution I can think of involves hiding three shortcode buttons on a page and then writing some custom JavaScript that submits the correct hidden form based on which menu item was selected in a select box.

Alternately, you can use PayPal’s drop-down menu button and integrate that button to work with s2Member. Instructions for integrating PayPal-hosted buttons with s2Member can be found in this thread on the old forum: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=309#p1333

Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 1:51 am #4542

Hey Raam,

I followed the instructions for integrating PayPal-hosted buttons with s2Member and received the following error message when I tested the button:

————————————
[ theartofprizewriting.com ] says…
ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.
Please contact Support for assistance.

This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility. If you are the site owner, and you’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.

s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension; and instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.

Please see this thread for details regarding the ideal server configuration for s2Member.
Back To Home Page
If you need assistance, please contact support.
———————————–

I followed the thread and tested the my server configuration on Dreamhost and succeeded with both files:

curl test –> Test succeeded :-) Lookin’ good here. Your cURL extension is functioning properly, with SSL enabled too.

fopen test –> Test succeeded :-) Lookin’ good here

So, I have to assume that I have configured s2Member incorrectly.

Where do I begin? Any suggestions?

Thanks…Bill

Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 6:35 pm #4690

DUH!

I had s2Member in Sandbox mode. Once I disabled Sandbox testing everything worked tickityboo!

Sorry about wasting your time :)

Bill

Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 12:39 pm #4746
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hey Bill,

No worries. :) Glad to hear you figured it out!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.