latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro-Form with Multiple Price Options

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro-Form with Multiple Price Options

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:18 pm #10381

Hello,

The website we are creating only has one membership level.

Would it be possible to create a PayPal Pro-Form with a dropdown containing three different price options in the same form? I know someone already tried something like this before but the person was using PayPal Buttons.

In our case, we cannot use PayPal buttons because the user must complete the payment as part of the registration process.

If this is not possible, does creating new membership levels just for pricing purposes make sense?

Thank you very much for your help

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 6:38 pm #10397
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

This is certainly possible by configuring the Pro-Form shortcodes dynamically (see this thread for more information).

However, if you want to include that drop-down within the Pro-Form itself, you’ll need to handle customizing the Pro-Form template yourself (see Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?). You’ll probably want to use some JavaScript to reload the page once the drop-down has changed, passing the selected option as a query string variable.

An easier way to handle this customization would be to add an extra step before showing the Pro-Form that basically asks the visitor to choose their membership pricing and then direct them to another page that displays the Pro-Form already configured with the correct price.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:24 pm #10471

Thanks Raam.

One question about overwriting the checkout form template: Should I just copy and paste the /wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/paypal-sp-checkout-form.php file to my /wp-content/themes/my-theme-name/ folder or I should create any kind of folders for S2Member files inside my theme folder first?

Putting the file just in the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/my-theme-name/) is not working so far.

Thank you for your help.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  it-can.ca.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  it-can.ca.
Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:09 pm #10496
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

I believe you can place the modified paypal-sp-checkout-form.php file inside /wp-content/mu-plugins/ and it will always overwrite the one that s2Member includes (this will also ensure that upgrades to s2Member do not overwrite your modified file).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.