latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro Forms and Registration question

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro Forms and Registration question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Frank Meroney 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 3:22 pm #14966

So im trying to setup an advanced registration and checkout page with my developer. Before i spend too much effort on it i want to get some feedback.

Here is what I want to do.

When a user begins registration he/she fills out the basic info:
1. Username
2. Email
3. Password

Then i have extended profile fields in buddypress:
4. Name
5. City
6. State
7. “How did you hear bout us?”

I also have a section to choose subscription:
1. Free
2. 1 Day
3. 1 Month
4. 1 Year

I would like to keep payment and registration on 1 page.
1. Can I either incorporate the payment options on this page, maybe using the subscription type to show or hide the form and pass the code for what type of subscription?

Or

2. Using the same subscription radio buttons submit the form as is if Free, or if Paid send the user to a checkout page and pass all the info to that page filling in the basic fields, hiding the other info… Maybe in a variable and then when user submits the checkout page it will also create the account with ALL the info from the registration page?

Or if you guys have anther idea…. Shoot it my way. Im trying o keep it clean on the frontend and minimize user frustration. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
frank

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 6:43 am #15029
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Frank,

You could do it either way. The first way would definitely be cleaner, but would require more JavaScript to handle the dynamic aspects. The second method would be easier with PHP and simply passing variables around. How you do it really depends on what your developer is more comfortable with, but from a user-perspective, I think the first method would be more intuitive.

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 10:02 am #15044

Thanks for the quick reply, i will have my dev look into this.

Thanks again,

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.