latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Pro Forms and subscription

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Pro Forms and subscription

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 4:06 am #16214
Novus Ineo
Username: novusineo

Hi There

I understand that s2Member Pro works with Paypal Pro but unfortunately PP Pro is not available in the country I reside.

My questions are:
1- Can I use Paypal Pro Forms for a monthly subscription and still be able to keep the recurring charge, for ongoing access feature?, either with Paypal or any other payment available in the form like MasterCard, Visa etc?
2- Do I need any special setup on Paypal side?

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 10:01 pm #16314

You can use the pro-forms with PayPal Express Checkout too, which may be available in your country, even if PayPal Pro isn’t. Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Or use the pro-forms with Authorize.Net, that’s the option you have if you want to get payments on your site, without taking the customer elsewhere.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 10:26 pm #16318
Novus Ineo

Thx Cristián
I would like to know actually how the Subscription would be… Using Paypal Pro Forms, would it still be at recurring charge, for ongoing access by the client?
In other words:
Would the client need to re-purchase again the sub after the monthly term or would it be auto-charged to his/her card?

Lastly, if the above is ok, do I need any special setup on Paypal side?

I hope my questions are clear and I’m sorry but I could not find any topic related to recurring payments and subs via Paypal forms…

Thx again…
PS, yes, I understand the Authorize.Net option but I would prefer to use Paypal by now… if possible…

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:29 am #16351
Novus Ineo

Hi Cristián, I’ve tested the form and it gives the Error #11586. DPRP is disabled… so, I think forms is not the way for me…
Is there anyway you know to go around this Error #11586? Thx

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 3:53 am #16414

Okay.

Do you have PayPal Pro or not? If you have PayPal Pro to get payments on your site, for the recurring payments you’ll need to pay PayPal that option too. You should contact PayPal support to get the recurring payments enabled in your account.

If you want to just use the free PayPal Express Checkout, then that’s simpler and cheaper, although the user will need to go to PayPal and login to his account to subscribe. In the pro-form’s shortcode change the [hilite mono]accept[/hilite] and [hilite mono]accept_via_paypal[/hilite] attributes to “paypal”: [hilite code]accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal"[/hilite].

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:01 am #16436
Novus Ineo

Hi Cristián, Nop, no PP Pro available in the country I reside…

Yes Thx!, now works fine but it’s ver strange because I’ve followed earlier the suggestion at: http://www.s2member.com/faqs/#s2-faqs-paypal-pro-not-required
by changing to

accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo"

and gave the error #11586 once choosing payment via Mastercard…
Now, PayPal button is the only available option…
So, all the other option can’t be used without PP Pro?

Thx again…

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:59 pm #16532
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Novus,

Yes, that is correct: The other options require PayPal Pro. If you don’t have PayPal Pro, you can only use the PayPal button option.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.