latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro forms: Custom fields not there?

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro forms: Custom fields not there?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 1:26 pm #27225

I’ve enabled custom fields, but they are not showing up on the PayPal Pro forms that display when people are signing up. Right now, only the first name/last name/email/username fields are there for new subscribers to fill in.

However, when I view, say, my profile form on its own, those fields (e.g., IM address) — which only need to be filled in if the member chooses — DO appear and can be changed.

How can I get all of my custom fields to show up on the PayPal Pro forms AND on the Edit My Profile and My Account forms?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 4:19 pm #27257

Hi Michael.

The pro-form will show the custom profile fields when the user is not logged in, because the pro-form will work as a registration form too. If the user is logged in, then the pro-form won’t show those fields.

Could you make sure you’re not logged in and reload the page with the pro-form?

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 5:25 pm #27266

Great, thank you.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 5:51 pm #27270

No problem. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:39 am #27342

Actually, I tried what you suggested (i.e, logged out) but it is still not showing custom fields on my PayPal Forms registration pages (I have four of them). Here is the short code I have embedded in one of the pages (I substituted a dummy name for my actual site) [which uses the force ssl option, by the way]:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$30 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.dummyname.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="30" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

All I am seeing on the registration page is this:
Your Profile
First Name *
Last Name *
Email Address *
Username ( lowercase letters and/or numbers ) *

Rather than this (which is what I am seeing on the profile section when I log in):

Username * ( cannot be changed )
Email Address *
First Name *
Last Name *
Display Name *
AIM username
Google Chat email address
New Password? ( please type it twice )
Only if changing password, otherwise leave blank.
password strength indicator

Any other suggestions?

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:06 am #27409

When you created the fields, what did you set the “Allow Profile Edits” setting to? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Add/Edit Field -> Allow Profile Edits[/hilite]

Please verify that you chose an option that will display the field on registration and not hide it.

Thanks. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:42 am #27445

I double-checked the settings, which were what you said, but it still doesn’t work. When I am logged out and try to subscribe, this is still all I see:

Your Profile
First Name *
Last Name *
Email Address *
Username ( lowercase letters and/or numbers ) *
[Below that is the credit card input area]

Very frustrating.

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:55 pm #27487

Okay.

Could you send me your site’s info? I’d like to take a look at this. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:59 pm #27510

I’ve sent the message. Hopefully you can look soon, as I was seeking to go live on Saturday.

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:39 am #27565

Thanks, I got your email.

I tried to load the page with the pro-form, but first got a security warning about the SSL certificate and then, after adding an exception, got the error “The page isn’t redirecting properly”.

Anyway, I went to the editor for those pages with the pro-forms and looked at the shortcode. The standard memberships are for Level 1 and the Premium ones for Level 2.

I looked at your custom profile fields and you set them for Levels 2, 3 or 4. In that case, the pro-forms that sell Level 1 would not show the fields, but the ones for Level 2 should. I couldn’t verify this in your site, though, because I wasn’t able to load the pages.

Could you fix the SSL problem and let me know so I take a new look at this? Thanks! :)

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:02 am #27574

Hi Christian, the SSL problem is now fixed (it required me getting a dedicated IP address from my hosting company). Please try again. Thanks.

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:45 am #27580

Actually, it seems to be working now…custom fields ARE showing up on the Premium subscription pages. Thanks for all your time and effort.

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 6:30 am #27631

Excellent! I’m very glad that got sorted out. Thanks for the update! :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.