latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro not available in Australia PART 2

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro not available in Australia PART 2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 8:22 pm #50968
Lee Wallis
Username: lithium

Hi guys,

Firstly, I love s2member.

I bought Pro and built a complete 12 month recurring membership site from it, all the content has been created and the last thing I needed to do was integrate the payment system.

Unfortunately for me, and all other Australians, there’s no PayPal Pro in Australia (which isn’t mentioned on S2Member website before you buy or on PayPal’s website before you sign up). So I’m bitterly disappointed that the functionality I was expecting on my membership site isn’t available.

Whilst searching for a solution I came across this thread:
https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-pro-not-available-in-australia/

This thread basically ended without any solution in September 2012 and has since been locked for comments.

So, what I’d like to clarify, now that we’re in May/June 2013, is what the best solution is for me (in Australia) if I want to be able to process credit cards directly on my website for a recurring payment membership plan?

OR, if this functionality still isn’t available, what my best alternative is to get me the functionality closest to what I need?

PayPal Website Payments Standard seems to be the only option, however what I don’t like is:

1. I can’t process the payment directly on my site.
  2. I can’t use Pro Forms, therefore members can’t update their billing details or cancel directly on the site.
  3. They can only sign up via a PayPal “buy button”.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, it feels like the problems for Australian customers have been swept under the rug a little bit.

Thanks so much,

Lee

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 8:51 pm #51088
Posted: Saturday Jun 1st, 2013 at 12:13 am #51112
Lee Wallis
Username: lithium

Hi Cristian

Thanks very much for this.

I’d just like to clarify, as it is a little confusing…

Here in Australia I am able to apply for a PayPal account called “Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition”, this service costs $25 a month and will allow me to take payments directly on my website with s2member and will allow me to use all the s2member pro forms?

If that’s the case, then I’m very happy.

Please confirm

Thanks again

Lee

Posted: Saturday Jun 1st, 2013 at 3:21 am #51117

Yes. s2Member Pro supports PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition. :)

See also: Knowledge Base » PayPal Pro, PayFlow, DPRP, Express Checkout

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.