latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro Recurring Payments

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro Recurring Payments

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 5:53 am #6656

I have been very happy in the past with the free version on a different project but need Paypal pro for this new one. I am interested in purchasing the pro version but need to know how recurring Paypal pro payments are handled. How are customers able to cancel their payment profile? Are there shortcodes or a way to view their payment profiles from the front end? Or the ability to cancel those subscriptions?

Any screen shots so I can see how it is set up so I can see if it will meet our needs?

Thanks for the help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:26 pm #6704
Staff Member

Hi Michael. Thanks for your inquiry.

s2Member Pro Forms make it possible for your customers to cancel future billing, if you make a Pro Cancellation Form available to them, perhaps on your Login Welcome Page, or just a link to a Post/Page where you’ve added the Shortcode for the Pro Cancellation Form.

(click screenshots to enlarge please)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:30 pm #6705

you just found yourself a new customer. thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 12:06 am #6716
Staff Member

Excellent. Thank you Michael.

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 6:55 pm #6935
Tom Dotz
Username: nlpcom

Please correct me if I’m wrong. I thought S2 handled the recurring payments so I wouldn’t need the PayPal Pro Recurring Payments function at an extra $30 a month.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Tom Dotz.
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 7:40 pm #6938

Well I plan to process payments on site (and not at paypal.com through standard buttons) so i need s2Member Pro version for PayPal Pro integration. Recurring payments is a PayPal setting and I am pretty sure s2Member does not store payment information locally as a security measure (PayPal stores it), correct?

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 8:49 pm #6940
Tom Dotz

Oops. Let me clarify. I have S2 Pro, and that is what my question refers to: do I need PP recurring payments if I have S2 pro?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Tom Dotz.
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 9:11 pm #6943

Is your goal to achieve recurring payments without using PayPal’s recurring payments (ie. store a customer cc info on your website and process a regular payment periodically)? Not sure if s2Member allows this but I would assume not.

Standard PayPal has the functionality to allow for recurring payments through the use of the PayPal buttons (as does PP Pro). You do not need PayPal Pro to set up these recurring payments (standard can buttons can do this) but the customer leaves your site to make the payment (to paypal.com).

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:09 am #7033

Thanks for your help, Michael! :)

Hi Tom.

s2Member connects with PayPal, which is the one that handles the payments. You can get recurring payments with the free PayPal Standard, but the customer will be required to have a PayPal account. The paid PayPal services allow you to get recurring payments from customers without requiring them to have a PayPal account. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2634

I hope that helps!

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 10:47 am #7074
Tom Dotz

Thanks, yes, the linked article did make is clear when I saw that the only option if one uses PayPal Pro is to include the Recurring Payments function.

If I may suggest it, using the phrase “Pay Pal Pro with Recurring Payments” to describe the set up needed for S2 Pro rather than just “PayPal Pro” would be much more complete.

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 4:26 pm #7098

Thanks, Tom. I see your point.

Yeah, PayPal services are kinda confusing, we’ll try to make it easier to understand.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.