latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal s2 log location?

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal s2 log location?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 3:54 pm #28347

I’m confused about where to find the log of PayPal transactions. I believe I have the PayPal buttons and options set up correctly, yet when someone tried to use them (the first time), they report they get an “error message.” They didn’t say what error message it was but it seemed to them from their memory that it was on PayPal’s end. So that’s unclear to me if my site setup is not working or if this person’s PayPal account (or credit card) has an issue that is completely unrelated to the s2 install or set up. I did turn on the recommended setting to log events but I wasn’t able to find it. Can someone point me to the right place? Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 14th, 2012 at 8:11 am #28375

You can find the logs in /wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/. :)

You can ask the customer to take a screenshot of the error next time, or at least copy it and past it in the email he sends you.

Have you tried doing a transaction yourself to see if you could reproduce it? Are other customers checking out successfully?

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 2:47 pm #28891

Thanks. The logs are new to me. I’m looking at the one entitled “paypal-ipn.log” (there is another entitled “paypal.rtn.log”) I searched for the email of the individual who told me the buttons were not working. Their email address didn’t come up in my search. What does that mean?

How do these log files work?
Do they over write each other? Or do the files contain all of the information since the date the log function was turned on?

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:40 am #28991

The separate logs log data related to different things, e.g.: IPN (instant payment notification), RTN (return), API (application program interface). They don’t overwrite each other, and entries are added since logging is enabled, and added at the end of the log as they happen.

The address the customer emailed you from may not match the one for his PayPal account. You can search the log for his name, for example, or ask him his PayPal email address to find his entries.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.