latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Sales Tax

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Sales Tax

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 5:20 pm #7927
Kim Bruce
Username: artbiz

I have started with the free version of s2Member, have everything set up and it seems to be working great. Your video tutorials were very clear and easy to follow!

The only glitch that I have, is at check out, the sales tax that I configured in PayPal is not being added. I have double and triple checked everything in PayPal, remade buttons, cleared cache, all the usual suspects, but no tax is added.

Is this a feature only available in the Pro version or am I missing something?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:28 am #7970

Hi Kim.

Thanks for the kudos. :)

Right, the tax calculations are for the pro-form only. Here’s a screenshot:

If you’re using buttons, it’d be PayPal who would have to do that, since the customer is checking out on their site.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 8:51 am #7987
Kim Bruce

Thanks, one more question. If I upgrade to s2Member Pro but leave my PayPal account at Website Payments Standard, will I still be able to add tax?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:36 am #7989
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kim,

The tax rate is calculated and added to the total purchase amount by s2Member Pro, before going to PayPal; a PayPal Pro account is not required to use the tax feature. Please see the note below from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Quick Start Guide:

*PayPal® Pro is NOT Absolutely Required* s2Member is very flexible. It is now possible to integrate Pro Forms without a PayPal® Pro account, whereby the enhanced Form Shortcodes that s2Member provides can be integrated ONLY with PayPal® Express Checkout. In other words, if you get declined for PayPal® Pro service, you can still use s2Member Pro Forms. Ask PayPal® to activate Express Checkout for you. ( it’s free ). Once Express Checkout is enabled, you will have access to your PayPal® API Credentials. Log into your PayPal® account, and navigate to Profile -> API Access (or Request API Credentials). You’ll choose ( Request API Signature ). Now … here is the tricky part; whenever you generate a Pro Form Shortcode with s2Member, be sure to change accept=”paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo” to just accept=”paypal”; thereby excluding the on-site credit card processing functionality; which is available only with PayPal® Pro.

*PayPal® Express Checkout Limitations* If you decide NOT to acquire a PayPal® Pro account, and instead integrate ONLY with PayPal® Express Checkout, please understand the following limitation. PayPal® Express Checkout is intended to facilitate payments for PayPal® account owners and/or Customers willing to signup for PayPal® during checkout. It is NOT possible for a Customer to go through PayPal® Express Checkout without having and/or acquiring a PayPal® account, regardless of the transaction type ( i.e. Buy Now functionality is no exception to this rule ). This is because PayPal® Express Checkout is really intended for Customers that *prefer* to pay with PayPal®. So although it’s possible to integrate Pro Forms without a PayPal® Pro account, we recommend that you acquire a PayPal® Pro account, so that you can accept credit cards on-site, and then offer PayPal® Express Checkout to Customers that *prefer* to pay with PayPal®. That’s the way s2Member Pro Forms are designed to work, in an ideal fashion.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 10:19 am #7995
Kim Bruce

Thanks for your quick and timely respones. You now have a new customer.

Cheers
Kim

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 12:39 pm #8012
Staff Member

Thanks for your purchase Kim!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.