latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal transaction ok but no level activation

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal transaction ok but no level activation

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Francois Lamotte 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:39 am #32258

Hello,

I’ve made the config to use Paypal buttons and the process works fine.

Button => go to paypal => transaction succeed => send back to the site on the success page => send emails to user profil telling that the subscription was a success.

When I log in the site with the user profile, his role hasn’t changed : always level 0.

If I look in the 3 files LOG, the transaction has been well received with a lot of details.

The only thing new on the subscriber profile, is the IP address used during the transaction.

Is there a step that I’ve not followed in the S2Member configuration?

I’ve made a list of screenshot of the procedure (and details of the 3 logs files).

https://membres.pointben.com/wp-s2member/lessons/Processus_de_test.html

(search “Page de confirmation” to check the interesting screenshots for the process description)

In my trial, the user was already subscribed (level 0 = subscriber).

Thank you for your help

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:51 am #32259

Is it possible that because the user was already registred … that the transaction was not completed?

And I need to use another button made with “Button Code Generator For Subscription Modifications” for that kind of user?

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 6:27 am #32328

Hi Francois.

Thank you so much for such detailed information, it makes it much simpler to help you solve the problem. :)

If you look at the IPN log entry, you’ll notice that it says that it’s not associated with a registered member. You have to be logged in when you load the page where the s2Member shortcode for the PayPal button is. Now, you seem to have been, because in the screenshot when you first clicked the button, it says “referencing customer ID 3”. But before completing the checkout you fixed the PayPal options and when you went back to the checkout, the reference to the user is not there anymore.

Could you please try a new test again making sure that the user ID is there alright when you complete the checkout?

Let us know how it goes. :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 8:56 am #32351

Hi Cristián,

Thank you for your answer.

Before starting my new tests, I have few questions (or assertions) could you please confirm that my understanding is clear (or still confused :-)

#1 – for anonymous visitor => I need to user “Button code generator for Level #…. ”
#2 – for registred visitors => I need to use “Subscription Modifications” button generator.

For anonymous visitor, they could start a process in buying a subscription before having a registred profile (before being logged in wordpress). And when paypal approves the transaction and send back them to the site, they could create their profile.

For a registred visitor, he needs to be loggedin. I would place thoses “subscription modification buttons” on his profile page, allowing the different options (one button per action) : free => level 1, free => level 2, level 2 => level 1, level 1 => level 2, etc.

And adding there the “cancelation button”.

Am I wright? Or not at all ?

Thank you very much for your time :-)

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 10:12 am #32362

Hi Cristián,

I’ve made a test with an anonymous visitor and the appropriate button.

The process seems to works, except that the user (even with the appropriate level in its role) can’t access the protected URIs. After login he is well redirected to the welcome page. And from that page (as the URI protection rules for level 0 (subscriber), it was like his role (level 1) was not working properly.

As for the first time, I’ve described the process through multiple screenshots even with log transactions.

https://membres.pointben.com/wp-s2member/lessons/Visiteur_anonyme.html

Thank you for your support,

F

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 7:11 am #32404

In one of the log entries, it looks as if you had been logged in to the admin account when you did the test, but I don’t see it mentioned later.

When you say you couldn’t access the content although being Level 1, you must have been redirected to the Membership Options page with some vars in the URL. Could you paste here that URL? I’d like to see the vars to know what restriction is being applied.

Also, if possible, send me the site’s info so I do a test transaction myself. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 7:49 am #32407

Hi Cristián,

Two parts for the answer:

(a) logged in => for the new test, I was indeed logged-out to simulate an anonymous visitor. => everything was working fine (and S2member retrieves / add a complete description on the new profile created)

(b) the URL when you try to navigate with the new profile

https://membres.pointben.com/gestion/abonnements?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=ruri&_s2member_seeking%5Bruri%5D=L2xvZ2ljaWVscy9tYWls&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L2xvZ2ljaWVscy9tYWls&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=4&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=ruri&s2member_seeking=ruri-L2xvZ2ljaWVscy9tYWls&s2member_level_req=4

So if I understand, it says the only LEVEL 4 could access that section.

MY CURRENT LEVEL CONFIGURATION

The 4th levels have the same configuration :

/themes/
/logiciels/
/formation/
/lecon/
/faq/
/forums/

In fact there’s 2 subscriptions model (monthly / yearly). But users could access to any protected content

level 1 => monthly sub.
level 2 => yearly sub.

And there is also affiliate partners that will sell subcriptions on their own. I was planning to add those aff.’ subscribers manually (through the bulk import mode) and give them a level 3 (monthly affiliate) and level 4 (yearly affiliate) to track them as provided by an affiliate. And to invite them to switch (renew their subscription later).

So maybe my understanding of those levels and the way to protect content is not the right one?

:-)

Thank you for your support.

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 2:07 pm #32441
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Francois,

All s2Member Levels are cumulative, which means higher levels automatically get access to everything granted to lower levels (Level 4 can access everything granted to Level 1, 2, and 3).

The redirect URL that you provided above shows that the user was trying to access something protected by Level 4. If that thing should not be protected by Level 4, I recommend checking all of your URI Restrictions (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions).

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 3:45 pm #32451

Thank you very much for your explanations and your support.

Will try it and it’ll work for sure.

Regards,

F

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.