latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal wrong page displayed – visa/debit pay

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal wrong page displayed – visa/debit pay

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Qldpol 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 3:26 am #56143
Qldpol
Username: qldpol

This post is in reference to my other thread that has unfortunately been closed -https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-directing-to-two-different-pages/

I have not received a response from PayPal because they totally suck (that’s an understatement) and don’t care about customers (huge understatement). I did eventually get a response from a developer on Stackoverflow and this is what he said.

“If you’re using Payments Standard this experience is cookie based as you mentioned. If you want to make sure the full credit card form shows up and allows people to pay with a credit card without creating an account you can use the Express Checkout API instead.

In your SetExpressCheckout request you just need to set SOLUTION=Sole and LANDINGPAGE=Billing.”

So that all sounds very interesting but i have no idea what he’s talking about. Does this relate to the s2Member plugin or is it something i need to change within the paypal accounts/settings? I looked on my paypal account but couldn’t see the section he was referring to.

Will this change anything about the way s2Member works on my site?

I can’t help but think that this will something that other members will encounter in the future also.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 6:36 am #56328
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

@qldpol

“If you’re using Payments Standard this experience is cookie based as you mentioned. If you want to make sure the full credit card form shows up and allows people to pay with a credit card without creating an account you can use the Express Checkout API instead.

In your SetExpressCheckout request you just need to set SOLUTION=Sole and LANDINGPAGE=Billing.”

This is already being set this way by s2Member in Pro Forms (which I’m assuming you’re using).

You can see that on lines 150 and 151 in this file:

/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-checkout-in.inc.php

Sorry I can’t really say what else might be causing this. Perhaps some Users are using PayPal Buttons vs Pro Forms on your site, and being sent to different places because of that?

Also, the landing page does change based on if you are already logged into PayPal or not, I believe. That might explain why you get sent to different pages in different browsers.

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 3:24 am #56410
Qldpol
Username: qldpol

Thanks very much Bruce, I appreciate your feedback. I’ve passed that information onto the developer who is taking care of the s2Member plugin for my site and he’s working on fixing this issued based the information you’ve provided.

thanks again

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.