latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Persisent Login-upload video/text to new post

Home Forums Community Forum Persisent Login-upload video/text to new post

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 9:51 pm #32559

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 3:37 pm #32624
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Phil,

Please see my replies below:

Question #1: I know about the custom registration fields, but I don’t see an option to be able to either upload video, or post video from another site (i.e. youtube). How do I add an upload button for video, and a post field for URLs from youtube/vimeo/etc that will create a new post when they submit it?

The s2Member plugin does not currently contain any file/video upload features. If you need to upload files, you’ll need to either use the WordPress Media Library (Dashboard -> Media -> Add New) or find a WordPress plugin that adds the upload functionality you need.

Also, s2Member is designed for restricting access to font-end content (e.g., WordPress Posts/Pages). There are no features for restricting or allowing access to back-end features (e.g., the ability to publish new posts). The feature of being able to “create a new post when they submit it” is something you’d need to code in yourself as part of the registration process.

Question #2: For members who are logged in, when they click on the ‘Post Your Wisdom’ link on the header menu, I want to show an upload page (not the sign up page). I did create a new ‘Upload Your Content Here’ page, and populated it with the API script

But it didn’t work. Again I want members to be able to either upload their own videos, or post URLs from youtube/vimeo etc (whether on desktop or mobile).

Those shortcodes do work on a fresh install of WordPress and s2Member, so if they’re not working for you I suspect a conflicting WordPress plugin and/or a conflict with the WordPress theme that you’re running. Please try disabling all other plugins and switching to the default WordPress theme (e.g., TwentyEleven) and then test those shortcode conditionals again. (Also see Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips.)

Question #3: How do I shorten or configure the length/position of the sign up form? The Login Design button area doesn’t have anything for position or changing the size of the fields (I just want to tighten up the form)

s2Member adds its own CSS to style the Pro-Form’s. If you want to style these forms yourself, you can disable the s2Member CSS and then write your own styles. (See Pre Sale FAQs » Can I change the width of s2Member® Pro Forms easily? and Pre Sale FAQs » How can I prevent s2Member® Pro from loading it’s default CSS?)

Question #4: How do I add a link (i.e. Post Your Wisdom/Upload Your Content Here) to the sidebar Login Widget for those members who are currently logged in?

You can call the Pro Login Widget directly and then pass some extra information to the function to add some HTML before or after various sections. Please see Pre Sale FAQs » Is there a way to call upon the Pro Login Widget directly?

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 8:29 am #32699

Thank you very much Raam for your thorough answers! I’ll have to find a developer to add the functionality to the signup form (or teach myself :) ).

Thanks/Phil

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 2:33 pm #32729
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Glad to help, Phil! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.