latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PLEASE HELP–Having Lots of Trouble Importing

Home Forums Community Forum PLEASE HELP–Having Lots of Trouble Importing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 9:06 pm #21062

Hey There Support Team,
I am in need of some help with importing about 140 members.
I have been reading the instructions over and over but all the data is still not transferring.
I have read other threads and still not working.
so, this is what I have done so far.
I created a member with all the information in each field
I exported the file so that I can see how the fields are laid out on the spreadsheet
Once I open the exported file I did not see any of the extra fields outside of the normal ones such as street address, city, state, zip, date of birth, etc. However, there was a custom labeled “custom value” and I’m not sure what that is for.

Here is a link to CSV file to see all the fields that I need

Questions:
Do the labels on the top of each column need to have quotations around them or does the csv file create this in the background?

What does the field labels on the CSV file need to say for the extra information I need to be imported?

How do I get all of the extra fields filled in that I need?

Here is a screen shot of the fields that I need filled in

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  BlogDiva. Reason: edit text
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  BlogDiva.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 8:49 am #21097

Hi Diva.

The CSV file you linked to is wrong. The headers have triple double-quotes, and the custom fields wouldn’t be in that row. And the following rows are all empty with just commas.

[hilite pre_code]
"""ID""","""User Name""","""Password""","""First Name""","""Last Name""","""Display Name""","""Email""","""website""","""Level[0-9]+ or Role ID""","""Registration Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )""",Auto-EOT Date ( mm/dd/yyyy ),"""Paid Subscr. ID""","""Paid Subscr. Gateway""","""street_ address""","""street_address value""","""city""","""city value""","""state""","""state value""",zip code,home phone,work phone,date of birth
[/hilite]

Could you post inside code tags the CSV you got when exporting the test user you created with all the custom fields filled out, please? Thanks!

Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:09 am #21112

I finally figured it all out.
The import is done and everything looks good.

WOW..that was real headache. A video is definitely in need for this process.

Posted: Saturday Aug 4th, 2012 at 11:55 pm #21170
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update. We will definitely consider doing a video for this.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.