latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Please…reinstate suspended members?

Home Forums Community Forum Please…reinstate suspended members?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Lesley Austin 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:17 pm #26636
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

I’ve been reading all around and can’t find out if it is possible to reinstate members whose accounts have been suspended by Paypal?

I’ve had several members who have lately gone through the payment tries and then suspension via Paypal. But they belatedly work out the payment problems, and I reactivate their accounts at Paypal, but their profiles don’t return and I am quite concerned that I won’t be able to reinstate their memberships.

There was a post awhile back:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/upgrade-customer-from-buy-now-to-subscription/

And the author mentioned “I as website owner reactivate his subscription, and pull in outstanding payments, I now have to look through my archived emails to set up the paypal ID and so on that was lost when s2member deleted the information.”

…but I don’t really get the full picture of what to do next.

Please let me know if there is *anything* I can do to allow suspended members to continue on with their memberships and for their profiles to be restored and show up up in the Users list.

With thanks….

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 1:29 am #39839

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I have the same question. Changing the member from suspended to active in PayPal does not seem to report back to S2 and upgrade the account from subscriber to member.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 9:00 pm #39954
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

Hello Charles,
I have had so many problems with the Paypal/s2member relationship that it is all a bit of a blur…but I believe that after I “reactivated” at Paypal, I had to go into my Users in my admin and change the member back to the appropriate membership level. S2member had automatically downgraded their level when the payments didn’t go through.

I wish you well. I am in the midst of trying to figure out solutions for members who’ve updated all of their info and Paypal still has an issue with recurring payments.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.