latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Posts page still accessible

Home Forums Community Forum Posts page still accessible

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 6:09 pm #15975

My primary posts page is set to be a secure page, at level1 in the s2member setup.

I saw where it told me that I could not have that page be my welcome page, which I would have preffered, but ok, I can work around that detail.

I have that page set to level1 in s2member, but it still allows non-subscribers to access it.

myweeklytrade.com > trades

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:44 pm #16001
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Mike,

I tried the link you gave, and I can see it in the list of posts, but I can’t access it when I click it.

So you might be interested in checking the options under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 6:57 am #16061

Hi Mike.

Also, please make sure you have set a Membership Options Page, the restrictions won’t be active before that. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page[/hilite]

I hope it helps.

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 2:00 pm #16143

Yes, I have a Members Options page specified. It is my subscription page.

As far as the core problem goes, I get the same behavior described by Eduan when I attempt to access that post. I am afraid that what you and I both saw was that the top two posts are being protected by s2member individually. I did this to see if that would help to shield the page itself (it didn’t).

My problem is that the page itself, the “Trades” page needs to be protected. I want/need the same behavior on that page as with the “Current Trade” page or the “Training” page. Those two pages require a valid login to access at all, and they work as expected.

That is one of the frustrations. I can get s2member to work for those two pages, but not the Trades page – which is the main page that I want protected.

The only difference that I can think of is that the Trades page is specified as the Posts page target in Settings > Reading.

Does this setting nullify s2member?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Mike Poulter.
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:07 am #16228

You mean for the front page? The front page can conflict with s2Member restrictions. One thing you can try, instead of the category/post restrictions for Trades, is using the URI restriction. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

Let me know if it helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 12:54 pm #16269

Hmm, somehow I am making this more complicated than it is.

I want the “Trades” page behind a password. Just like the Current Trade and Training pages.

It is set at Level1 with the s2member page level restriction, but it lets users in without restriction.

The only thing that is different is that it (the Trades page) is set as the Posts page target in Settings > Reading.

Does this setting interfere with s2member?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 8:38 am #16364
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mike,

Yes, that interferes with s2Member. When you select a page as the Posts page in WordPress, WordPress will treat that as a special page within WordPress. s2Member will not recognize it as a normal page and therefore it won’t be protected. This happens because of the way WordPress handles that page, making it very complicated to protect.

You may be able to manually edit the page template and use Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals and/or Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced Query Conditionals to achieve the desired result.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 10:59 am #16387

Ok, so let me see if I have this straight.

WordPress makes this awesome templated website creation system that focuses on blogs that deal mainly with Posts.

S2Member creates a log/pass system for sale that will allow an end user to selectively protect pages in their WordPress site.

Unless it is the page where you direct all the posts…which is what you wanted protected to begin with.

OK, I must be missing something basic here. How can I protect my posts with s2member if my main posts page can’t be protected?

And/or…are there any examples/tutorials on the Advanced PHP Conditionals?

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:08 am #16437

Mike, did you try the URI restriction I suggested? In the URI restriction panel, in the box for Level 1 add [hilite mono]/trades-2/[/hilite] and check if that applies the restriction to the Trades page, please.

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 1:14 am #16544

That did it. Thanks!

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:01 am #16578

Excellent! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.