latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pre-existing custom user fields

Home Forums Community Forum Pre-existing custom user fields

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 14th, 2012 at 3:49 pm #13419
Devra
Username: devra

Am I going to be able to use pre-existing custom user fields with s2Member? I see that s2Member Framework will allow me to create new user fields, and edit them in the profile. But would new registrants be able to enter values for fields that we had already created in our user profile, then later edit them through your interface?

Might this even be available without purchasing Pro? With purchasing Pro?

Thanks,
Devra

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 3:40 am #13468
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Devra,

You can certainly continue using your pre-existing custom user fields and they will continue to show up when editing users from the WordPress Administration Panel, however members won’t see those fields appear when you allow them to edit their profile using the s2Member Profile Editor shortcode, which only includes Custom Fields created within s2Member.

You could certainly customize the s2Member Profile Editor PHP files to include fields for your Custom User Fields, but you’d need to make that customization yourself.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.