latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pre sale questions

Home Forums Community Forum Pre sale questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:32 pm #34966

Hello,

A few pre sale questions for me:

1) Does S2 work with Thesis themes?
2) Are there any issues with later integrating a shopping cart (or any advice about this)?
3)Will S2 do incremental content delivery?
4) Will I be able to import my current email list, being run on Mad Mimi?

Thanks for your help,

Andrea

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 7:26 am #35020

Hi Andrea.

1) Does S2 work with Thesis themes?

A user recently reported he’s using Thesis without problems. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/thesis-themes-version-2-02/#post-34187

2) Are there any issues with later integrating a shopping cart (or any advice about this)?

Not that I know of, and it’d depend on the cart, I guess.

If you’ll use PayPal for the cart and s2Member, it’s not a problem if you use PayPal Standard buttons, but it wouldn’t work with pro-forms. The cart will need the IPN URL for it in PayPal, but s2Member doesn’t require it for PayPal Standard buttons because it can set the IPN URL on a transaction basis. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> More Info[/hilite]

The pro-forms require the IPN URL in the PayPal settings, to be s2Member’s, so it’d be a problem with a cart that requires the same. In that case, you’d probably need a custom script for the IPN URL, that’d forward to the cart or s2Member, I guess.

3)Will S2 do incremental content delivery?

Not s2Member itself, but you can can use conditionals to do it, checking some variables that s2Member makes available. Please read this: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

4) Will I be able to import my current email list, being run on Mad Mimi?

s2Member Pro has a User Import tool that you can use, yes. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

s2Member doesn’t come with a Mad Mimi integration, though, but you could create one using the Notifications API. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Other Integration Methods[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.