latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Form Billing Method

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Form Billing Method

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 12:22 am #14265

I just posted my first pro form and it doesn’t look right. The billing method only has bubbles without icons of the cards being used. Check out http://www.counselored.com/bronze-membership
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Marty

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 1:56 am #14280

Hi Martin.

The problem may be with another plugin or the theme causing a JavaScript issue.

As a test, could you switch the theme to the default TwentyEleven one? Does the pro-form look fine that way? If so, then the problem is in the theme you’re using and needs to be fixed there.

I hope it helps! :)

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 12:39 am #14393

I tried it and it did work. I then asked the template developer about it and he stated the following:

I am running s2member fine here with the newest DynamiX (v2.9). Just checked your site & the whole css part of s2member is missing […]”

I wish I new more about this but I just want to get these forms working. Any suggestions on how I can get them working okay?
Thanks,
Marty

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 5:19 am #14449
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Martin,

It sounds like there is a server issue causing this problem. Please see the following KB article and try adding the recommended entries to your .htaccess file: Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 10:17 am #14480

Raam,
Thanks for your post. However, I did add the suggestion to the .htaccess file and it shut down my website. I changed it back. I am not a programer and wanted a simple solution to make this plugin to work. I am just a little discouraged right now. I paid for the pro version and just wanted a way for someone to pay for membership. Now it appears that unless I take some college courses in this stuff, I might as well give up. If you think of another solution that I have the technical skills to perform or know of someone who can fix this for me, please let me know.
thanks,
Marty

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 6:14 am #14549

Hi Marty.

I’m sorry it’s giving you this trouble. It isn’t an issue users normally have.

I went to your page again and looked at the HTML looking for the links to s2Member’s CSS and JavaScript files. They are all missing the variables that should be there. Forthe CSS you have:

http://www.counselored.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php

when it should be something like this:

http://www.counselored.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_css=1&qcABC=1&ver=120517-120517-3877210468

If you open each, you’ll see the difference between them. The same is true for the JavaScript URLs.

If it’s not the theme, then it’s probably another plugin causing this, I can’t think of anything else. Please test deactivating the other plugins one by one and reloading the page with the pro-form after each to see if the problem is gone. If you’re using a caching plugin, deactivate that one first so the changes from the other deactivations are shown properly.

I hope that helps!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.