latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Form Not Assigning Correct User Role

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Form Not Assigning Correct User Role

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:35 am #15325

I have been struggling with this issue for around 3-4 days now and I am officially stumped…

I am using the s2member Pro Forms with PayPal Express (Sandbox – Express Checkout) and am trying to assign the user to a role of ‘s2Member Level 1’ with a monthly subscription of AUD $9.80:

Here is my pro form shortcode:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="AUD $9.80 p/m - Essentials Casual Only" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.mydomainname.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="9.8" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

NOTE: Where I have ‘mydomainname.com’ I actually have my domain, I have just removed it from my shortcode above.

I have already re-installed s2member and s2member Pro and setup a fresh Sandbox account with new API’s ect incase something was caching or there was incorrect code somewhere.

Everything seems to work fine (get the IPN, registers the user with Subscr. ID / Role / Name all correct) when I do a registration without custom fields, however as soon as I add the custom fields into my configuration – I get the IPN fine, but it; 1) Doesn’t save the First & Last Name and 2) Assigns the user as a ‘Subscriber’ instead of ‘s2Member Level 1’.

The custom fields are fairly simple, they are:
– mobile
– country (from dropdown)
– Post Code
– Agree to T’s & C’s (checkbox)

When I remove those custom fields (empty the cache), and then use the same pro form to register a new user again, it still reproduces this same Name/Role error.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what is happening – this is the only thing holding me back from launching my site and business so your help will be greatly appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 8:46 am #15363
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

I’m a bit stumped too. The first thing I would suggest is to try this without using the PayPal Sandbox. Try setting up a live subscription for $0.01 and then purchasing it. There have been some really odd and seemingly random issues with the PayPal Sandbox, so to rule that out I’d suggest a live test.

Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 5:56 pm #15401

Hi Raam,

Thanks, I was thinking something like that may be the issue. Also something else I am suspecting due to some unusul behavior – I am using Google Chrome as my browser for testing, I noticed that the first time it registered correctly, then every time after that it got processivly worse.

A few other theories to consider….

1) I tried the same registration process in Firefox, and recieved none of the errors. I am thinking that perhaps the browser is caching something that is messing with return IPN (if that is possible?).

2) I have been clearing the wordpress cache quite regularly throughout the process – is this something that can affect the registration process also?

I will try the normal PayPal account today and let you know how I get on, it would however be nice to pinpoint the issue so I know I am preventing it!

Post back soon with results.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:29 am #15430

FOUND IT!!!

See here.

This was a replication of EXACTLY my issues. I have disabled the WC3 Database Cache and viola!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 9:04 am #15498
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Ah, glad you found the solution. :) Thank you for the update!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.