latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Forms Auth.net Upgrade broken?

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Forms Auth.net Upgrade broken?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 2:16 pm #5392

I’m busy implementing a membership upgrade using Authorize.net pro forms and it’s canceling the ARB and creating a new one but not upgrading the user’s membership level. Is this a known issue? I’ve tried upgrades between multiple levels. Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 2:49 pm #5395

An update on this issue:

Once again, the issue is that a simple upgrade from s2member level 1 to level 2 or level 2 to level 3 using Authorize.net Billing Modification form is not working.

I’ve confirmed on the Authorize.net side that the existing ARB is canceled and a new ARB is created with the new higher monthly price.

The user does not have access to higher level items once they complete the upgrade. In WordPress user management the user is still level 1 (or whatever their original level was).

Here’s the shortcode for the billing modification form:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form modify="1" level="2" ccaps="" desc="$19.95 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" cc="USD" custom="mydomain.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="19.95" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Jason (Lead Developer). Reason: Wrapped Shortcode in code tags
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:05 pm #5397

Quick question: I haven’t configured the authorize.net silent post option because my dev box is on a private subnet. Does member upgrade rely on receiving an authorize.net silent post to complete the upgrade? If so that would explain it.

I had a brief look at the code and it looks like the auth code routes the SP to the paypal code in the free plugin and there is some upgrade/modify code in there. I didn’t trace it fully, but it looks like this may be the issue. Can you confirm?

Thanks.

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:09 pm #5408

Seems I’m having a conversation with myself here but in case you run across this:

If you have not yet configured silent post for authorize.net, the membership upgrade feature won’t work in S2. Users will be told their upgrade has gone through and they will be billed, but they won’t have their access level increased. At least if you’re using Authorize.net ARB’s. I don’t know about other gateways and features.

Perhaps the devs can add this to the docs.

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 11:54 pm #5437
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Mark,

Thank you very much for sharing these details with us.

I will forward this thread along to the lead developer so he can make this clearer in a future update.

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 4:40 am #5472

Great thanks Raam. Awesome product.

Posted: Saturday Feb 18th, 2012 at 3:16 pm #5604
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread Raam.
I’m sorry for any confusion. However, actually, that is NOT the case.

s2Member Pro Billing Modification Forms do not depend on the Silent Post integration with Authorize.Net in this regard. You will want to have Silent Post enabled with your integration, so that s2Member can receive payment notifications from Authorize.Net, but upgrading from one Membership Level to another via Pro Forms is not dependent upon this aspect of your integration.

Perhaps you were testing the site in a way that restricted access to only certain IPs? Or anything like that? Perhaps you require a special cookie to access your site during development?

Ultimately, all transactions are processed together using s2Member’s core PayPal processors, which are an internal core functionality for s2Member. If this happens again, please take a look inside your logs directory, for anything that looks odd inside: /s2member-logs/ authnet-api.log or paypal-ipn.log. The Authorize.Net Pro Form processor will make a proxy connection to s2Member’s core IPN handler. If that fails due to some unknown reason, you might have issues.

If you run a transaction like this, and nothing comes into the core IPN handler (i.e. you have no paypal-ipn.log file), something is very wrong.

Posted: Saturday Feb 18th, 2012 at 4:23 pm #5615

Thanks Jason. It appears to be working now so if I run into this again I’ll revisit your post and share what I find. Thanks again.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 6:01 pm #5746
Staff Member

Awesome. Thanks Mark! Keep us posted :-)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.