latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro-Forms possibilities

Home Forums Community Forum Pro-Forms possibilities

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 11:56 am #56362
Roger Lear
Username: rlpubs

Hi – after looking around on your site, I think I have divined the answer to this question, but I need to check to make sure.

My project will be a site where customers pay once for permanent access. There’s a requirement for the ability to provide coupon/discount codes at checkout. I understand that this facility is available with ProForms, right ?

Now the problem is that the initial payments options will be either Paypal Standard OR ClickBank. (With the latter, we assume that if a suitable coupon code is entered, there has to be a corresponding “product” defined at CB i.e. “full” price and “discounted” price, right ?

If I understand your documentation correctly, neither of these will work with Pro Forms, right ?

Have we analysed this correctly ?

Thanks,

R.

PS: hold the front page: as we are in the UK, somebody has just asked, how does Value Added Tax affect things ? We know we can define this in PayPal for buyers in the appropriate countries, but how does S2 know about it before it hands off payment to Paypal ? (Clickbank seems to do an geo-IP lookup but also lets the buyer pick their location and adjusts the payment form accordingly. But again, this is after S2 passes control to it.)

Either way, do we just have to hope that customers don’t mind finding an extra chunk added to their bill ? Hmmm …. :-(

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 11:58 pm #56522
@rlpubs

My project will be a site where customers pay once for permanent access. There’s a requirement for the ability to provide coupon/discount codes at checkout. I understand that this facility is available with ProForms, right ?

That is correct. It is possible to configure all sorts of options for Coupon Codes using PayPal® Pro or Authorize.Net together with s2Member® Pro Forms. See also: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Pro Forms

Now the problem is that the initial payments options will be either Paypal Standard OR ClickBank. (With the latter, we assume that if a suitable coupon code is entered, there has to be a corresponding “product” defined at CB i.e. “full” price and “discounted” price, right ?

If you were going to try to integrate this on your own, then yes; I would say that’s right. That’s the only method I’m aware of, because I don’t believe ClickBank supports coupon codes on their own; and s2Member® integrates coupon codes only via Pro Forms.

PS: hold the front page: as we are in the UK, somebody has just asked, how does Value Added Tax affect things ? We know we can define this in PayPal for buyers in the appropriate countries, but how does S2 know about it before it hands off payment to Paypal ? (Clickbank seems to do an geo-IP lookup but also lets the buyer pick their location and adjusts the payment form accordingly. But again, this is after S2 passes control to it.)

Either way, do we just have to hope that customers don’t mind finding an extra chunk added to their bill ? Hmmm …. :-(

s2Member® Pro Forms allow you to configure tax rate calculations by location, even down to a specific postal code range within your WP Dashboard. You can also configure a global default tax rate if you like. With Pro Forms, taxes are handles on-site, and processed on your site also.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.