latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro forms w/PayPal Express Checkout workflow

Home Forums Community Forum Pro forms w/PayPal Express Checkout workflow

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 9:09 pm #32182

Howdy.

I am trying to better understand how s2member Pro forms work with PayPal Express. I have been playing around with the s2member free version where the user clicks over to PayPal to pay and then is returned to our site to register for an account. We are looking for a more straightforward registration process.

I understand that if we upgrade to s2member Pro and a PayPal Pro account, the registration and payment are consolidated into one form/step.

If we use s2member Pro with PayPal Express Checkout, what’s the workflow for the user? Do they fill out all the registration info (name, username, password, etc.) in a form generated through S2member on our site, click over to PayPal to pay and then return to our site’s Login Welcome page once the payment is processed by PayPal?

Can someone point me to an example of a live site that is doing this?

Thanks for clarifying,
Lauren

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:48 pm #32292
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If we use s2member Pro with PayPal Express Checkout, what’s the workflow for the user? Do they fill out all the registration info (name, username, password, etc.) in a form generated through S2member on our site, click over to PayPal to pay and then return to our site’s Login Welcome page once the payment is processed by PayPal?

Yes, that’s correct, except for the last part. They do fill out their details and create their account in the first step, but after paying on PayPal they are returned to your site with a message to login. With s2Member Pro, you also get the success=”” shortcode attribute, which allows you to specify the URL to a page they are sent to after a successful payment on PayPal. On my personal site, I setup a “Thank You” page that includes instructions for logging in, along with a link to the login page, and I specify the URL to that page in my Pro-Form shortcode.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.